The worth and beauty of a piece of jewelry gets enhanced when it is studded with a precious gemstone, like emerald. The green colored lustrous stone is used with white gold, platinum and yellow gold, to make beautiful fashion accessories, like bracelets, earrings, necklaces and rings. You would love to wear an emerald jewellery for almost every occasion. However, regular use can result in dirt getting deposited along the pronged areas of the jewelry. If you want to remove the dirt and retain the luster of the jewelry, you need to clean it regularly. Learn how to clean emerald jewelry easily, with the instructions given below.
Cleaning Your Emerald Jewellery
- Soft Cloth
- Lukewarm Water
- Mild Liquid Soap
- Soft-bristled Toothbrush
- Small Bowls
- Before cleaning the emerald jewelry, you need to polish it with a clean, dry and soft cloth. This will remove the loose deposits of oils and dirt from the gemstone.
- After you have polished the jewellery well, it is time to start the cleaning process. Make a soapy solution, by mixing few drops of mild liquid soap with lukewarm water, in a small bowl.
- The next step is to scrub the jewellery, to remove the tough dirt sticking onto it. A soft-bristled toothbrush is the best bet, because it won't leave scratches on the gemstone, when you scrub it.
- Scrub the toothbrush, dipped in the soapy solution, all over the piece of jewelry. Make sure that you have removed dirt from the hard-to-reach areas of the jewelry as well.
- When you find that all the dirt has been removed from the emerald jewelry, rinse it with lukewarm water.
- Now, submerge the jewellery in another bowl, filled with lukewarm water. Leave it for a minute, so that the leftover soap residue gets removed.
- Remove the jewelry from the water and dry it, using a clean soft towel.
- After you are done with the cleaning process, store your precious emerald jewelry in a cool and dry place or wear it again.
- To remove tough dirt and oil from the emerald jewelry, it is suggested to get it cleaned from a professional jewelry cleaner.
- Never use harsh soap or abrasive cleaners, to clean the gemstone. It might damage the stone.