A gazebo is a shelter mainly found in parks, made in the shape of a hut, where people relax and unwind themselves, usually after jogging. It is the best place to sit, relax and enjoy the greenery of a park. Moreover, it brings about a significant change in the look of the place. It is not necessary that the shelter should be built in public parks only. You can also construct a gazebo in your home garden, adding character and beauty to the place. If you are looking for instructions on building a gazebo, the following lines will come handy.
How To Build A Gazebo
- Small Piece Of Wood
- Patio Blocks
- Anchor Cable
- Foundation Cone
- Foundation Tube
- 2"X10" floor joists
- Roof Railings
- Joist Hangers
- The first thing to do is to plan the project. Make a layout of the space available for the gazebo and the way it should look - simple or sophisticated. Generally, a gazebo looks like a hut. It can be pentagon- shaped or circular. Whatever be the shape you choose, the basic steps to raise the structure would remain almost the same.
- The next step is to get all the supplies needed for building the gazebo.
- You need to remove all the rocks and debris from the location, before starting the project.
- Focus on the center of the area, chosen for the gazebo, and then go about building it. To make it easier, mark the center point with an object, say erect a piece of wood on the focal point.
- Now it is the time to dig holes, in order to fix the posts for the gazebo. Make use of a spade, to dig 4" deep holes.
- Place the foundation cone 3 inches inside the holes.
- Now, fix the posts of the gazebo into the holes. You need to mix cement with water and fill it in the foundation tube. After the cement gets dried, place the posts into the holes and anchor them using cement.
- The next step is to provide framing for the gazebo. For the purpose, you need to attach joist hangers to the posts. Make sure that they are at the same level.
- The next step is to install 2"X10" floor joists. Again, check whether they are at the same level.
- After installing the floor joists, it is the time to install the floor decking. While doing this, be sure to leave a nail's width between the boards. This is to allow drainage and make way for possible swelling of the wood.
- The next thing to do is to install columns at all the foundation points. Affix the columns to the foundation points as well as the decking, using nails.
- Raise the roof key block for the structure, using a pole. To form the roof framing for the gazebo, cut the joists lengthwise.
- The next thing to do is to add roof railings to the gazebo. You may build your own railings or purchase ready-to-use railings for it. Be sure to nail everything down well.