Cell phone is both a boon as well as a bane. On one hand, you can use it to contact any person, anywhere on the face of this planet. While, on the other, the ringing of the phone can disturb you almost anywhere, in the middle of a meeting, while attending a conference or when you are having some serious discussion with your partner. The worst part is when the number belongs to some telemarketing company or someone you don’t even want to talk to. Now, comes the good part. You can use the call blocking service, to block all or just some specific numbers from calling on your mobile phone. To help you in blocking numbers on your phone, we have provided some guidelines in the following lines.
How to Block Numbers on a Cell Phone
- First of all, you should call up the customer care number of your phone company or service provider. Check out whether they provide number blocking services or not.
- If the number blocking services are available, find out whether they apply only for the local calling area or work with out of area calls too.
- You can attach an inbound call blocker to your phone that blocks all the calls that come to it.
- In case of people you want to receive calls from, you can give them the code that will enable them to call on your number.
- Those who do not know the code will not be able to make a call on your cell phone.
- In case you want to block specific numbers and anonymous numbers, you can use call screen. For this, you need to contact your phone company or service provider and get the details.
- You can also get your phone company to provide you with Anonymous Call Rejection, or ACR. This way, all the calls that say unknown number, out of area or private, will be blocked.