While technology has swept us through the easier way in life, it has also made us susceptible to damages. Mobiles have crept into our lives as an asset we cannot live without. We carry them anywhere and everywhere we go. Come monsoon season and the problem of cell phone getting wet becomes very common. Nearly every one of us must have had this problem when our cell phones have got wet in the rains. Otherwise, you might have unconsciously slipped it in a bucket of water or dropped it into a puddle of water. The reflex which automatically comes to us is a new phone, but with a little bit alertness we can save our pockets from the load of getting ourselves a new phone. Yes, you read that right. There are a number of ways through which you can save your wet mobile phone. In case you want to know more about fixing a wet cell phone, read the tips given below.
How to Fix a Wet Cell Phone
- The immediate reflex should be to just to get your phone out of water as soon as possible. Water can get into your cell phone in no time. Though there is a protecting shield of cover on your phone, water can get inside within few moments. Be quick to take out your phone
- After you have removed your phone from water, the next vital thing to do is to remove the battery. Water and electricity do not work hand in hand. So, remove the power supply of the phone. The faster you do it, the lesser damage it can cause to your cell
- The next step is for GSM users. Remove the SIM card from the cell phone. SIM cards can sustain with water as well. So just dry them using a cloth and keep them aside. For people who use CDMA, this is not possible.
- Use a towel or a paper towel to remove as much water as you can. Dry the phone with a soft material and make sure you have removed the water from it.
- If the situation is worse, use vacuum cleaner. Do not resort to hair dryers, as they may cause temporary relief but could damage your mobile. Put the vacuum cleaner at a distance and dry the phone. It would be the fastest method to dry it.
- Keep the phone on an absorbent material, so that it soaks all the water of the phone. Towels, napkins or paper towels should be used. If the moisture is there on the cloth, repeat the drying process but make sure that the phone is not extensively heated. Extra heat can also cause danger to the cell.
- The other way you can resort to is by putting your phone at the back of the TV screen or a computer monitor. They usually give out the right amount of heat, which helps you fix your phone. Leave it for a couple of days. Do not try to put the battery within a few moments, as it may cause a short circuit that could damage your phone forever.
- You can even immerse your phone in a bowl of uncooked rice for a day or two. Rice is a good absorbent of water. It would soak all the water of your phone. Alcohol can also be used to clean the phone from the outers as it is a good absorbent of water as well.
- Wait for a day or two before you re-attach the battery and the SIM card. Check if it is working. If is still does not work, take it to an authorized dealer.