Have you ever wondered why your face looks like an oilcake in summers, while some of your colleagues always end up looking fresh? The answer is very simple - it is all the magic of a compact! One of the basic makeup tools, compact helps give a non-oily and shiny look to your face throughout the day. In elaborate make up procedure, it is used after the application of foundation, to give your face a smooth look. Now, you know the reason behind that perfect, finesse look. All you have to do is learn the nuances of applying compact. Just follow the instructions given below and learn how to master that flawless look.
Different Type Of Compact Powder
Before plunging on to how to apply compact, you should know that there are basically two types of compact powder, to suit the different needs. The first type of compact is the loose powder. The best feature about the loose powder is that it lends the face a natural look and can be applied easily. Loose powder is preferred over the other type, as it gives the skin a flawless effect. The other type of compact is the pressed powder. This type of compact is ideal for people who are always on the go. It gives the skin a matte finish and is easily portable. In case you have stubborn skin that demands touch ups throughout the day, go for pressed powder.
How to Apply Compact Powder
- Facial Tissues
- Make-up Brush
- Powder Puffs
- The basic thing that you need to know about the application of compact is that it takes place after the use of foundation and concealer.
- You also need to remember that compact is applied before the use of blush-on, lip makeup and eye makeup.
- Before using compact, release the powder into the top section of the container by tipping the container and gently tapping the bottom.
- For application, take a large fluffy brush or a powder puff and wipe it over the compact powder. Shake the puff to remove any excess powder.
- Now, wipe your face with the compact puff in long, even strokes. The strokes should be moved from the inside, to the outside.
- Make sure to apply compact evenly over your neck as well as the entire area beneath the neck that is visible. Otherwise, your face will end up looking distinct from the rest of the body.
- Using a facial tissue, lightly wipe your face. This is mainly done to make sure that you do not have excess powder over your face.
- Keep the compact with you throughout the day. You can use it to touch up your makeup, remove any excess oil from your face and look fresh.
- It is very important to match the color of the compact to your skin color. In case you get one that is darker or lighter than your skin tone, your face and neck would look like distant cousins of your body.
- Apart from the natural tone, you can also go for the bold green or shy violet color compact. However, at the time of purchasing, check with your beautician to know the validity and quality of color compacts.
- At the time of applying the compact, make sure you apply it all over your face and neck region. Do not make haste during the application process.