Compact is one make-up item that you will find in the purse of almost every woman. It is the perfect tool that helps you touch up your makeup throughout the day. Those with oily skin should especially keep a compact with them, to wipe off any excess oil as and when it appears. At the same time, if applied after foundation, it helps give a smooth look to the face. However, you need to be quite careful while buying a compact, since it can enliven up your face as well as make you look like a person, straight out of circus. Follow the tips given below for buying that perfect compact.
How to Buy Compact
- For buying a good compact, go to a store that houses a number of brands. This way you will have a wide variety to choose from.
- The next step is to decide on the particular brand which you want to buy. I would advise you to go for the brands that you usually buy in case of other cosmetics.
- After narrowing your choice to 2-3 brands, check out the colors offered by them. Go for the ones that have color most similar to the color of your own skin.
- Next step will be testing the compact. Do not go for back of your hand or wrists. The best place for checking the color of the compact will be along your jaw line.
- Tube light or bulb light might not tell the exact picture. Go out in sunlight and check your jaw line after the application of compact.
- If your jaw line merges with the rest of the face, the compact is perfect. If it does not, go for a shade darker or lighter than the one you have. Repeat the process till you get the perfect color.
Best Compact Brands in India
- Elizabeth Arden
- Estee Lauder
- MAC Cosmetics
- Max Factor