Come winter season and you start getting flaky, peeling, dry or chapped lips. The chilly winds of winter, combined with the dryness caused by using warm water, results in your lips getting parched. There are also some other unfortunate people who have to cope up with dry lips throughout the year, mainly the result of some internal problem. Whether lips get chapped because of weather or internal problems, they look very bad and at times, are painful too. So, how do you get rid of this problem? The answer is simple, by using lip balm. It keeps your lips hydrated as well as soft. However, you have to take due care while buying lip balms, otherwise they can do more harm than good.
How to Buy Lip Balm
While buying lip balms, keep the following tips in mind.
- While buying a lip balm, look out for the one that contains natural substances. Otherwise, it might irritate your dry lips instead of making them soft and supple.
- The lip balms that contain vegetable oils, like olive oil and almond oil, are the best for lips. These vegetable oils help lips in producing natural oils and become clean and shiny.
- The next thing to take into consideration is the type of service you want from your lip balm. If you want it to substitute lip balm for gloss, you will get a different type of lip balm than the one that has medical values for treating chapped lips. Then, there are lip balms with sun-block protection, with super protection or for everyday care.
- The weather conditions prevalent at the time of buying the lip balm will also effect your purchase decision. During dry and cold conditions, you need lip balm that provides everyday care. In summers, lip balm with sun protection will work the best.
- Most of the people prefer going in for a lip balm that comprises of a sunscreen too. However, it is not necessary that it will suit your lips too. Some people are sensitive to sunscreen and they should go for the lip balms without any sun protection.
Best Lip Balm Brands in India
- Elizabeth Arden
- Estee Lauder
- MAC Cosmetics
- Max Factor