It is very important that you pick the right lip liner, when it comes to your beauty shopping. Infact, cosmetics of any kind demand that we devote some time and have some idea regarding what we are looking for. Random shopping never helps, when it comes to picking products that are required to complement your looks. Moreover, with such a wide variety of cosmetic brands in the market, one tends to get confused as to which brand, shade or quality of lip liner will do the magic trick. A lip liner can accentuate your lips and give them the perfect precision and shape that you always desired. Similarly, a lip liner that doesn’t gel well with the shade of your lipstick can spoil your entire facial make up. Here are a few things that you need to keep in mind before you shop for your next lip liner.
Image: Fifth World Art@flickr
How to Buy a Lip Liner
- First decide which brand of lip liner you would like to go for. Different brand of lip liners are available in the market for different prices. You may take the advice of your beautician in this regard or simply choose a brand that you feel you can trust.
- Next, decide if you would like to go for a wooded pencil type or a twist-up type liner. Twist-up liners are more convenient, as they do not require sharpening. Wooded pencils on the other hand provide a fresh and a fine point every time you sharp them.
- Next understand if you are buying the liner to simply outline your lips, to fill your lips (like lipstick) or both.Choose a simple stick if you plan to use it in order to give shape to your lips. If you plan to use it like a lipstick, you can choose a liner that comes with a lip coloring stick and a brush.
- If you are buying a liner to use it with a particular lipstick that you already have, see that its shade is similar to your lipstick or may be a shade lighter. Never pick one that is of a darker shade than your lipstick. You may also pick a neutral shade that goes with different shades of lipstick.
- You may choose a long lasting lip liner that stays longer and is preferable if you have a busy lifestyle. You can put it under your lipstick for a long-stay effect. Otherwise, you may also go for a liner that might require some touch up every now and then.
Best Lip Liner Brands in India
Here are some of the best lip liner brands that are available in India.
- Christian Dior
- Elizabeth Arden
- Estee Lauder
- MAC Cosmetics
- Max Factor