There is a party in you family after two days and suddenly you have pimples appearing on your face. What to do? How to look your best, with the cruel beasts bent upon ruining your looks. Don’t worry! In the present day world, there is hardly any fault that cosmetic cannot hide. In the present scenario, using a concealer and a foundation will be your best bet. Not only will they hide the pimples, but also make your skin look totally smooth. To help you with the task, we have provided complete info on foundations and concealers.
How to Pick Best Foundation & Concealer
- The type of concealer and foundation you pick will depend mainly upon your skin type and skin tone.
- Those with oily skin should always go for foundations and concealers that are water based or oil-free.
- On the other hand, people with dry skin should consider oil-based products as their best bet.
- Now comes, the tone of the concealer and foundation. Usually, products with yellow tinge work best on all skin tones. However, if you are pretty fair, go for pink shades.
- To make sure that you select the foundation and concealer best suited to your skin tone, do a little testing. Dab a few drops of each color on your jaw line and spread it properly. Select the one that matches your skin tone the best.
- Make sure to check the color of the foundation & concealer in sunlight, since tube lights and bulbs can be misleading.
- Always choose the foundation & concealer that perfectly matches your skin tone and is as good as invisible.
How to Apply Foundation & Concealer
- First things first. You should always apply the concealer before the foundation; otherwise your skin will end up looking patchy.
- Cleanse and moisturize your face properly. Now, wipe out any excess moisturizer with a tissue.
- Take the concealer and dab it over the problematic areas like under-eye circles, blemishes, scars, etc. But, don’t rub. Spread it gently.
- Using fingers or sponge, apply dots of foundation on your cheeks, chin, forehead and tip of the nose.
- Blend the dots together with fingers or sponge, moving from inside to outwards. Make sure that there is a smooth look on you face.
- Now, the last thing to do is to apply light powder to give a matt finish and make sure that the foundation stays put.
Best Foundation & Concealer Brands in India
- Estee Lauder
- Elizabeth Arden