Diaper rash, also known as nappy rash, is one of the conditions that an infant’s mother greatly fears. However, the problem is fairly common and is mainly the result of moisture and unclean conditions in the diaper. In most of the cases, diaper rash disappears on its own, within a few days. Still, even those few days can be very torturing for the kid. In such cases, you can resort to certain home remedies and help speed up the process of healing. In case you are ignorant about the natural treatments for getting rid of diaper rash, make use of the ones provided in the following lines.
Home Remedies for Diaper Rash
- Add 2 tbsp baking soda to a tub of warm water. Give your baby a sitz bath for 10 minutes, 2-3 times in a day.
- Put some cornstarch into your hand and give your baby a nice patting with it. It not only dries damp areas, but also reduces friction caused by the elastic in diapers.
- While giving you baby bath, add 1 tbsp dried oatmeal to it. It will soothe his skin and also protect it from the rash.
- While washing your baby's diapers, add 1/2 cup white vinegar to the final rinse water. You can also add 1 part vinegar to 8 parts and use the solution to wipe his bottom.
- In case of older infants, giving them 2 to 3 ounces of cranberry juice is a good idea.
- After you clean your baby’s bottom, always make sure to dry it, not rub it, with a clean towel. Thereafter, leave him bare-bottomed for sometime and only then put on another diaper.
- Give your baby a warm bath and apply some aloe-vera gel on his bottom. It will help soothe the bottom.
- Take ½ tsp clean water and put 2-3 drops of olive oil in it. Gently massage your baby’s bottom with this solution.
- Try massaging the bottom of your baby with fresh milk. It is one of the best home remedies for diaper rash.
- Applying sesame oil not only soothes the skin of the baby, but also helps to keep it moisturized.
- You can also use roasted floor as a powder on your baby’s bottom. It will help in getting rid of diaper rash.