Everyone is aware of the immense health qualities neem has. It is a very famous herb of India and is known all over the world for its medicinal properties. It has been used in Ayurveda since a long time and has been mentioned in ancient texts for its exceptional beneficial nature. It is commonly known as Margosa tree in English, while it’s biological name is Azadirachta indica. In India, this tree is revered and worshipped and can be found just about anywhere. It is an evergreen tree, which attains a height of around 40-50 feet. Every part of the neem tree, which includes bark, leaves, branches, fruit, roots, flowers, etc is beneficial. Check out the health and nutrition benefits of neem.
Health & Medicinal Benefits of Neem
- Neem has anti bacterial, anti parasitic, anti fungal, anti protozoal and anti viral properties, which means it provides protection from almost all microorganisms.
- Applying neem in the form of powder or oil on external cuts or wounds has exceptional results. It fights off all kinds of germs and enables in the easy recovery of the affected area.
- It is very common to take bath in water that has neem leaves added to it. It has medicinal properties and gets rid of all the germs that may be thriving on our bodies.
- Neem powder or oil is very effective in relieving us of skin ailments such as eczema, acne, skin allergy, rashes, itch, ringworms, etc.
- Neem water is very effective when used to treat injuries caused due to burns. It heals up skin fast and prevents the creation of any kind of an allergy or infection.
- Neem oil, when used as a substitute for hair oil, provides amazing results. It prevents hair from graying and also effective in treating dandruff, lice and hair fall.
- Neem oil can be used to massage muscle aches and joints and can be used to relieve pain from conditions like rheumatoid arthritis, gout, Osteoarthritis, lower back pain, etc.
- Ingesting neem is beneficial in many ways as it helps to restore the taste of mouth, cures constipation and relieves of indigestion. It also eliminated the problem of acidity.
- Eating neem will help get rid of intestinal worms, thus performing its role as a de-worming agent and will help restore healthy functioning of the intestines.
- Taking neem internally is said to effectively improve the quality of blood and purifies and thickens it. It helps getting rid of toxins that may be present in the blood and keeps the body disease-free.
- Neem is said to be a very effective medicine for people suffering from diabetes and helps to control blood sugar levels to a great extent.
- Neem has the ability to make the immune system of a body very strong and get rid off any foreign disease that may weaken the body.