Facial exercise is the best way to tone your face by strengthening the facial muscles. Yes, you heard it right, facial exercises can help you get rid of those saggy cheeks or the protruding chin or worse the unwanted double chin. This is because like the rest of the body the face is also made up of a number of bones and muscles, with a lot of nerves, veins, and arteries. As such, facial exercises can benefit the face by revitalizing all of those. Unlike the rest of the body workout, facial exercises are not rigorous. They are more like facial massages, and other treatments. So, these types of exercises are very easy to perform and do not involve much time and effort. This makes facial exercises especially good for those people whose regular routine involves a lot of stress resulting in tiredness of both the body and mind. .
Different Types Of facial Exercises
There are facial exercises that are meant for each area of your face. Given here are some exercises that can give you a firmer skin, and relieve you of stress and strain.
Close your eyes and relax. Now lift the eyebrows and stretch the eyelids down as far as possible by keeping the eyes closed. Stay in this position till the count of ten. Relax and then repeat this exercise ten times.
Keep your index fingers just above your eyes. Try to raise the eyebrows while you pull it down using your fingers. Hold like that for 30 seconds and repeat it 10 times.
Make an ‘O’ shape with your mouth by pushing your lips out, stretching it as forward as possible. Now, smile as wide as possible, and hold it for 10 seconds. Then bring your mouth to the ‘O’ shape, and hold for 30 seconds. You can repeat this for 10 times.
- You can sip on a straw as hard as possible for about 30 seconds and then you can come back to the normal position. Repeat this 10 times at least.
- Make a small 'O' shape with your lips. Then smile as wide as possible, and hold that position for 30 seconds, and repeat it 10 times.
- Try to push your lip out as much as possible as if you are pouting, this will tighten your lips more. You can hold it for 30 seconds, and repeat 10 times.
Neck And Chin
- Keep the head straight. Now, place the index finger and thumb on the neck and gently pull the skin down as you lift your head, hold it the way it is for around 30 seconds, and repeat it 10 times.
- Keep your mouth closed. With your teeth together, you can press the tip of your tongue against the bottom of your lower teeth. Try to increase the pressure gradually to the count of 10. Then hold till the count of 6, and slowly release it. Along with it, you can use 2 fingers at the hollow of your neck as a kind of resistance by gently pressing in. Repeat the procedure10 times.
- Try to keep your thumb behind the bone that is just under your chin. Now, apply pressure to your tongue against your lower gums and pretend as if to touch your tongue using your thumb, hold it for 30 seconds and then repeat it for 10 times.
- Look straight keeping the head straight and your chin level. Now slowly turn your head to the right, keeping it even with your right shoulder and then slowly push your head backwards. Hold for 6-8 seconds. Return to the original position. Do the same in the left direction.