Who doesn’t want to look younger than his/her age? However, the task is much easier said than done. Your face can really betray your age in either way - it can make you look older than your age or vice-versa. Though the latter is enjoyable, it is the first that troubles most of us. One of the decided indicators of aging comprises of sagging jowls. In this case, seeking anti-aging treatments may not be within the bounds of your budget, as such the prices of such packages are exorbitant. In case you didn’t know, you can do without the help of these ridiculously overpriced anti-aging packages as well, if you are willing to take up some easy facial exercises. Read on to find some effective face exercises for treating sagging jowls and belie your age.
Facial Exercises To Tone Sagging Jowls
- Sit upright and tilt your head in the backward direction, so as to look up at the ceiling. Even as you do this, keep your lips gently closed. Move your jaw up and down, just the way you do when you are chewing something. Repeat the same movement 20 times and make sure that your lips are closed all the time. This exercise works to tighten the muscles underneath the jaw line.
- Sit or stand upright and tilt your head in the backward direction. Keep your lips apart and bring your tongue out. Try to make contact between the tip of your tongue and your chin. Maintain this position for 5 seconds, with your extended tongue touching the chin. This exercise is believed to extremely effective against sagging jowls. Repeat the exercise 5 times.
- Sit upright and tilt your head backwards, so as to look towards the ceiling. Purse your lips together, as tight as you can, and hold the position for about 5 seconds. After 2 seconds are over, relax and come back to the original position. This exercise works to make the muscles beneath the jaw line and the chin taut.
- Sit upright and turn your head in the right direction. Make sure that your chin is perpendicular to the floor and is not raised or tilted downwards. Hold the position for 5 seconds and repeat the same process by moving your head to the right direction. During this exercise, you will experience slight pull on the opposite side of your face and jaw. This exercise works to tighten your jaw muscles and make them firmer at the point where the jaw coincides with the skull. Repeat the exercise 5 times.
- Open your mouth as wide as you possibly can. Now, your lower lip is to be pulled above your bottom teeth. Hold this position and move your jaw in the upward and downward direction. This exercise works very well against double chin development.
- Lie flat on your back on a bed or a firmly cushioned surface. Hang your head off the bed’s edge. Hold the position for 2 seconds and then, bring your head slowly to the original position. Repeat the exercise 5 times. It helps tighten the muscles around the neck and chin.