One of the most common problems concerning middle-aged people is the lack of firmness in their facial muscles. Ageing and stress are the prominent reasons behind this. There are many ways to tighten the facial skin, one of them being exercises. It may be hard to believe that moving the facial muscles up and down, and exercising them on a regular basis can fix the problem. These exercises not only tighten the muscles, but have also proved to increase the facial tone. In the following lines, we have provided systematic guidance on how to firm up your face with facial exercises.
Facial Exercises To Firm Your Face
- Sit straight on a chair, with head tilted upwards, facing the ceiling. Keep your lips closed loosely and start a chewing motion. As you do this, you will notice that the muscles in your neck and throat are also in motion. Repeat the exercise 10 times.
- Place one index finger over each of your eyebrows. Pull the fingers down at the same time raising your eyebrows. Keep on doing it for about 30 seconds. Repeat the exercise 10 times.
- Gently push your lips out and make a round shape. Now, smile as wide as possible by stretching the lips. Hold this position for about 10 seconds. Repeat this facial exercise 20 times.
- Sit straight, looking ahead. Now, keep the index finger and thumb on your neck. Pull the skin downwards in a gentle manner while lifting your head. Hold this position for 30 seconds. Repeat the step 15 times.
- Keep your mouth closed. Now, gently press the tip of your tongue against the bottom of your lower teeth. Increase the pressure as you hold it for 8 seconds. Come back to the normal position by slowly releasing the tongue. Repeat this facial exercise 5 times.
- Try to jut out your lower lip to the maximum extent. Keep your fingers on your collarbone and point your chin as high as possible. Now, gently pull the corners of your mouth downwards and hold the position for 25 seconds. Do this exercise 10 times.
- Push your lower lips up and outwards in order to tighten the muscles of your chin. Hold this for 20 seconds. Repeat the procedure 10 times.