It is said that a healthy mind resides in a healthy body. Lately, more and more people have been waking up to this fact and indulging in a lifestyle that is characterized by healthy eating habits and moderate exercise. While most of the people tone up their abs, waist, chest, thighs, arms and legs, very few of them ever think of going beyond that. Here, we are talking about the neck area of the body. While the rest of the body might benefit from a single exercise, like jogging or swimming, firming up the neck area requires you to undertake completely different exercises altogether. In the following lines, we will tell you about the various ways through which you can firm up the neck area.
How To Firm Up the Neck Area
- Sit down on a mat and fold your legs in a comfortable position. Keeping your spine straight, start tilting behind your head slowly. After you feel that you cannot stretch anymore, stay in the position and hold for 10 counts. Now, come back to the original position and do a count of 5. Repeat the procedure, at least 5 times.
- Sit on a chair, with your feet firmly planted on the ground. Look straight and let your shoulders relax. Keeping you shoulders unmoved, turn your head all the way to your right. You will feel a stretch in the skin above the collarbone. Remain in the position for a count of five. Come back to the original position and repeat on the left side. Do three sets.
- Sit on a chair, with your feet firmly planted on the ground. Relax your shoulders and look straight ahead. Without moving your shoulders, tilt you neck to the right side. With this, you will feel a stretch on the left side of your neck. Stay in the same position for a count of five. Come back to the original position and repeat on the left side. Do three sets.
- Spread a mat on the floor and go down on your hand and knees. Keeping your neck, spine and elbows straight, drop your head down. Start inhaling slowly. As you exhale, lift up your head, towards the ceiling. While doing this, curve your back downward. Repeat the procedure, at least 5 times.
- Sit on a chair, with your feet firmly planted on the ground. Again, keep your shoulders relaxed and look in the front. Tilt back your head and look straight up. You will feel a stretch in the neck. Keeping your mouth closed, move the lower jaw up and down. Do this ten times and relax. Repeat at least three sets.