Improperly shaped eyebrows can leave a noticeably imbalanced look or unwanted expression on your face; while properly shaped brows give a more polished and balanced look. The alignment and shaping of eyebrows has a direct impact on one’s self image, depending on the look and style that one is striving towards. Well-shaped eyebrows can bring a lot of difference to a person’s appearance. Since eyebrow shaping is not a technical job, simple shaping tips are all that is required to make a world of difference in putting your best face forward. It involves making the arch, length and thickness of the eyebrows suitable for your face. Read on to know some really useful eyebrow shaping tips.
How To Shape Your Eyebrows
- Wipe off all your make-up and wash your face clean, before you begin to start shaping your brows.
- Decide where you want your eyebrows to start and end and where is it that you would like to place the peak of the arch. Using a white eyeliner or concealer, marks the points, giving a shape to your brows.
- In case you have sparse or over-plucked eyebrows or are growing the brows for a fuller look, use an eyebrow pencil or shadow to fill-in the brows. Choose a color shade lighter than your natural brow color, for medium to dark eyebrows. In case of light brows, opt for a shade close to or a half shade darker than your natural color.
- Stand at a distance from the mirror, for a better view of your brows. Also, this way, you will have lesser chances of making the brows uneven. View a close-up of your brows in the mirror to reach the finer, lighter hair.
- Clean up the stray hair outside the brow shape that you desire, to create a more defined, clean eyebrow. This will help the both the brows look even with one another.
- Pluck hair in the direction they grow and do not grab too many hair at a time.
- While tweezing, hold skin taut by gently holding it firm with your free hand. This will cause less tugging and pain on the skin.
- Do not push the tweezers into the skin, if your hair is too short for tweezing. This can cause scraping, bleeding or even scarring.
- After you are done with the shaping, clean you eyebrows using an astringent and flaunt the new you!
- Often people start taking out hair, when only trimming the excess length is what is really required. Trimming the brows makes them look more neat and groomed for men and for women; it helps in achieving the perfect defined look.
- Soften your skin and hair using a warm washcloth on brows or shape your brows after you come out from the shower. Do not use ice or cold water as it will tighten the pores and make a firm hold on the hair follicle difficult.
- Although there are little eyebrow razors available in the market, it is advised not to use them. A plucker is one of the best tools that you can use, for shaping the eyebrows.
- Arch your brows to put a shape that better frames your eyes. Shaping an eyebrow does not mean two perfect half circles or arches. Do not put a shape that does not compliment your facial features.