What comes to your mind when you think of a baby room? Painted in pink or blue, the room has an adorable bed and chest, with colorful toys and expensive wallpaper. However, believe it or not, with some consideration and planning, you can create a beautiful baby room, without even spending a fortune. Remember, decorating on a budget requires some imagination, spiced with creativity and, of course, loads of patience. Once you have marked the areas of concern, such as, walls, flooring, decoration items and furnishings', beautifying becomes a lot easier. To get some ideas for decorating baby room on a budget, read through the following lines.
Ideas For Decorating Baby Nursery On A Budget
- Safety is the first thing to consider, when it comes to decorating a baby room on a budget. Since you are designing the room for the toddler, there should be no scope of leaving any stone unturned, on the issue of safety.
- An ideal option would be to visit swap meets, tag sales, and garage sales, a few days before you tend to start the decoration. Visiting second hand shops is another option you can consider. These would be extremely helpful for items with short usage duration, such as bassinette, walker, baby bath, or jumper.
- When it comes to selecting furnishings, an intelligent choice would be get those furniture that offer long time durability and usage. Since children grown rapidly in the first few years, the bets bet would be to pan ahead.
- Make sure that the color of the room matches the toys. This way, you do not have to additionally spend on decorative items.
- The most lucrative option would be to undertake the decoration on yourself. Cutting labor charges would go a long way in ensuring budget decoration. By investing some time, you can save a lot of money that you would otherwise spend on labor for painting furniture, sewing curtains and quilts, painting the walls and applying the wallpaper.
- Long term usage should be your motto. Get beds and chest that would last for a few years. This way you would not have to spend again and again buying things, after a few months.
- A comfortable rocking chair with soft seat and arm cushions would be budget friendly as well as prove to a great way to enhance the look of the room.
- Instead of investing in high end utility items, get ones that are children friendly and also enhance the look of the room. Baskets, stylish rot iron racks, etc are great options to explore.
- The color of the room should be such that it would suit with the kid's growing age. Remember, pale pink or baby blue is adorable for an infant, but does not last long.
- Instead of opting for applying wallpaper to the entire room, you can decorate with a simple border or stencil a design around the windows and doors.
- For the flooring, throw rugs make a good choice. They allow you to change the look of the room, without costing much. They have the ability of renewing the look of the entire room.
- Do not forget to expand the storage space by including extra shelves and rods for the closest. The self help kits available at home centers endow you with the facility of doing it yourself.
- Amidst all this, make sure to have all the baby essentials conveniently located.