If you are assigned with the task of arranging a reception party for the newly wed couple, you need to do it in a well-planned manner. After formulating the budget and choosing the venue, you would want to consider how it would be decorated. The decoration of a wedding reception hall can be simple or flamboyant, pricey or easy on the pocket - depending on what you prefer. While a reception hall can be decorated in a variety of styles, it should ultimately reflect the taste and preferences of the bride and the groom. We are here to help you with some bright ideas for decorating a wedding reception hall.
Wedding Reception Hall Decoration Ideas
- You may carry the theme of the wedding to the reception hall as well. If you have used a particular color scheme for the wedding ceremony, consider using it for the reception too. However, be sure to bring in some variations in the decoration, so that both the venues do not look identical.
- If you are using the same theme as the wedding, it is suggested not to use leftover wedding decorations for the reception. Purchase new decorations, keeping in mind the theme of the décor.
- If you want to create a romantic ambiance at the venue, soften the illumination by dimming the lights. Decorate the hall with beautiful decorative and scented candles. You may also hang miniature white lights in the room. Play soft and soothing music in the background.
- Decorative candles of various colors and shapes would give a sophisticated look to the wedding reception hall, yet retain the romantic feel of the place. Make use of small Martini bowls, with floating candles in them. For the tables, you may place candles in decorative candleholders and use them as centerpieces.
- Set a scintillating atmosphere at the hall, by giving it a party feel. To serve the purpose, you may add a disco ball and play peppy dance numbers. In this case, make sure the decorations are also bright and lively.
- Decoration of tables is as important as other things in the wedding reception hall. Consider adding an attractive centerpiece, made of flower or fruits. Arrange the dishes, silverware and flatware neatly. Consider placing candles on the table. Make sure that you do not overcrowd the tables with decorations. Consider the number of guests expected for the occasion, while choosing the number of tables and chairs.
- Be sure to choose elegant table covers for the reception hall. You may go for an elegant floor-length under-tablecloth and top it up with a colorful, sheer, or lace over-cloth.
- Use seasonal floral decorations, which perfectly fit the climatic conditions of the place as well as its overall décor. For spring wedding reception, you can make use of tulips, roses, lilies, gerberas and daisies. In case the reception is held during winters, opt for flowers such as winter jasmine, honeysuckle, etc. White calla lilies, hydrangea and snowball mums would be a perfect fit for summer wedding reception.