Breakfast is the most important meal of the day - doctors do not say this without a reason! Like fuel is needed for a vehicle to move, breakfast is needed by the body to get energy and perform well. Be it kids, youngsters, adults or old people, everyone needs breakfast to start the day on a healthy note. You do not have to prepare something special in the morning. A glass of milk with cereals and a fruit or a thick smoothie of some fruits and milk is a good breakfast. If you have the time to have fruits and some sprouts, it makes up for a very healthy breakfast. You might argue by saying that even though you never take breakfast, you are able to manage your hunger till lunch. Of course, you get your energy from regular cups of coffee and tea till something solid and healthy goes down your throat. This will affect you in the long run very badly as you are consuming unhealthy calories. All night your stomach remains empty, the moment you wake up your body is ready to consume some calories. If you do not feed your body well in the morning then by lunch and dinner time you will be so hungry that you will consume more than you should. Maybe you never tried having breakfast before. Start with some milk and cereals and watch your productivity increase like never before! Check out the health benefits of having regular breakfast.
Why Having Breakfast Is Good For You?
- It improves concentration and results in better memory. This leads to a better start to the day and results in improved performance. Also, if you will eat a balanced meal for your breakfast then throughout the day you will be able to make better food choices.
- Those who have breakfast on a regular basis were found to have an adequate balance of nutrients and minerals in their body as compared to those who did not have breakfast. This is because when you skip breakfast then your body starts demanding wrong type of fats and calories from you.
- If you are thinking skipping breakfast will make you slim, think again! Research indicates that those who skip breakfast are likely to become overweight with time due to extreme hunger later in the day. If you skip breakfast then there are more possibilities of your gaining more weight. This is because when you sleep your body goes into starvation mode and if you skip the first meal of the day then it continues to stay in that mode. When body has to stay in starvation mode for such a long time then it has to go into survival mode which means your body will start storing calories, resulting in accumulation of fats.
- Making the breakfast an excuse to meet up the family in the morning is a great way to bond. It is a great way to start the day––on a healthy and positive note.
- Those who have breakfast tend to fall less sick as compared to those who skip breakfast. This is because the body is energetic, stronger and more immune to diseases and infections if one is regular with breakfasts.
- Just having some fruit and milk in the morning is good enough even if you do not have the time to prepare a better breakfast. Choose from eggs, last night’s dinner, pizza without fat, etc. as quick choices for breakfast in the morning.
- Eating breakfast as the first thing in the morning helps the body to regulate the sugar levels in the blood, which helps in maintaining regulated appetite and energy levels.
- If you are just having two meals in a day then you might not be getting the right amount of vitamins and minerals. Having breakfast everyday ensures that your vitamin and mineral intake is proper.
- Ever noticed how most of the people wake up all cranky and irritable in the mornings and they say that we are not the ‘morning people’ ––it is mainly because you have been starving the whole night and your body is asking for food. Not having anything to eat for eight to twelve hours leaves body feeling deprived food wise. And if you ignore breakfast then you will feel ill-tempered, which will affect your performance throughout the day.
- While you are asleep the metabolism of your body is slowed down as body is on stand-by mode. To boost up your metabolism you have got to feed your body the first thing in the morning. This will prepare your body to start burning calories from the morning time.
- Consuming eggs in the breakfast is considered as a very healthy habit. Eggs are the high rich source of proteins, amino acids and vitamin D. This significant source of vitamin D helps in the consumption of calcium in the body and assists in the process of building stronger bones. Another great choice for breakfast is whole grains. You can take whole grains in the form of breads, cereal, oatmeal, etc. Whole grains are a rich source of fiber and fiber-rich diet is beneficial for heart and also reduces the risk of cancer.