- Lifestyle Lounge
- Beauty & Fashion
A person’s face is the first thing that you notice. And when it comes to women, it is the most problematic part of the body. Every woman longs for soft, supple and radiant skin throughout her life. Exposure to sun, pollution, late nights and long hours simply adds to the misery of a blemished and wrinkled face. Though the market is splashed with loads of beauty products, they do very little to help us. Also, you do not have time to stop at the spa for essential skin care treatment. So, the next best option is to try beauty treatment at home, to relax your mind and body. A few natural beauty tips can help you get a face that you had been dreaming of, for long. Read on further to explore the best of them.
Facial Beauty Secrets
- Drink lots of water each day and if possible, have at least 2 to 3 glasses of coconut water daily.
- Sleep beautifies your skin to a great extent. So, try getting at least 7 to 8 hours of rest sleep everyday.
- For that natural glow, remove all makeup from your face before you go to bed.
- Make sure to apply a light moisturizer, under-eye cream and sun-screen lotion before you leave home.
- Regular workout is an excellent way to keep your skin healthy, as it detoxifies your body. You can either hit the pool if you love swimming or opt for a jog.
- Include lots of fruits and vegetables in your diet. Replace oily food with salads. Try steaming, roasting or baking, instead of frying food. You will save a lot of calories, plus you will digest your food easily.
- Exfoliate your face once in a week, as daily exfoliating can upset the skin. Massage the scrub over your skin in a circular motion, all over the face and neck and rinse with water. This will remove dead skin cells that block pores, causing acne and dull skin.
- Toning your skin will remove all traces of dirt, makeup or residual cleanser that has been left behind. Soak a cotton ball in toner and apply over your face and neck with more attention on the nose and chin area, to remove blackhead deposits.
- Daily wear and tear reduces the natural softness and suppleness of your skin. Moisturizing your skin replenishes it thus, making it smooth. Apply a light cream or lotion, diluting it with sunscreen, in the day; while at night, apply a repair cream.
- Always keep your skin clean, by washing it twice a day, once in the morning and next in the night.
- Avoid using a harsh soap, as it can cause irritation, leading to other skin ailments. Get a milder aloe-vera based soap instead.
- Grate some raw coconut and squeeze out the milk from it. Gently apply the milk over your face and lips. This will add grace and glow to your skin.
- Cleanse your face by dipping a cotton wool in un-boiled milk and wiping your face with it. This will cleanse all the unseen dirt, by making it penetrate deep down to the pores.
- Mix together 1 tbsp orange juice and 1 tbsp lemon juice, with a cup of yoghurt. Apply the paste generously over your face and allow it to dry for 15 minutes. Thereafter, clean it with a wet tissue. This mask will enhance the complexion and glow of your face.
- A protein mask nourishes your skin, thereby enhancing the complexion. Soak a teaspoon of urad dal and 5-6 almonds in water overnight. Grind them to form a paste. Apply it to your face and wash off after an hour.