Celestial theme baby nursery is one of the most popular options, when it comes to decorating a little one's room. Right from the walls to the bedding to the cupboards and area rugs, everything should match to the theme of the room. Apart from being beautiful and attractive, decorating a room for the new baby with a moon and stars motif can be affordable and easy. You only need to make sure that every nook and corner of the room is done with minute detailing. In the following lines, we have provided some ideas for star and moon nursery theme.
Baby Moon And Star Nursery Theme Decor
- The first step towards making a celestial themed baby nursery would be to start with the walls and ceiling of the room. Pastel shades of blue, green and lemon are the best bet, when it comes to painting the room.
- Once the walls are painted, embellish the look of the room with celestial theme wallpaper. There are umpteen options available in the stores, when it comes to wallpapers with moon and stars.
- If your budget is limited, hand painting the moon and stars would serve as a good option. Try your hand at stencils and draw the moon and stars. It would also add a personal touch to your little one's room.
- You can use craft paint to add a mural of shooting stars, a smiling moon, a rocket ship or the words to nursery rhymes such as 'Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star'.
- Once the walls and ceiling is done, next in line comes the crib set. There are various options available in the market. You can either go for the complete set or buy coordinating items, to make it beautiful and budget-friendly.
- Make sure you get every item that matches to the color of your baby's room.
- As for the furniture, the best deal would be to get low lying cupboards with horizontal, deep drawers. Make sure they compliment with the color of the room and the crib set. Do not get ones with sharp edges as they might hurt the baby.
- Place an old-fashioned globe, toys and night-time story books over the table to decorate it.
- Decorate the room further by personalizing it with sweet portraits of the baby sleeping, along with the lyrics to popular lullabies. This would be not only enhance the beauty of the room but also prove to be cost efficient.
- Get a small sofa for the baby to sit. Make sure it matches with the crib and the blanket.
- For the lights, get moon and stars themed lamp shades. Place it on top of the cupboard.
- Lastly, stick glow-in-the-dark moon and star stickers to enliven up the ceiling or walls. Another option would be to cut stars from gold poster board and use fishing line and sticky hooks to hang them from the ceiling.