According to many legends, the reason why a 25th wedding anniversary is called a ‘silver anniversary’, is because as per the traditions you are supposed to gift ‘silver’ to your partner or spouse. But is that the only gifting idea? Not quite. There are a lot more varied options for you to choose from. 'Life without love is like a tree without blossoms or fruit' said Khalil Gibran. Gifts are considered as the pure symbols of love or gratitude since time immemorial. A 25th anniversary is special occasion for everyone. It's a celebration of the long twenty-five years of trust and sincerity in a relationship. When you present a 25th anniversary gift to your spouse, it should be a very charming and memorable gift, because it is the grand celebration of your twenty-five years of love and trust. You should choose sensible and touching gifts even if you are not celebrating your marriage anniversary in a big way. Read on the article to know more about 25th wedding anniversary gifts ideas.
25th Wedding Anniversary Gifts Ideas
- Silver or gold jewelry is a very good gift option for your 25th wedding anniversary. There are numerous creatively designed silver jewelry items that you can gift to your spouse on the anniversary day. You can give these gifts to anybody including your mentors and friends. Bracelets, anklets, earrings, brooch, and cufflinks are a few examples.
- Silver showpieces are stunning gifts, which you can gift on this special day. You can get nice showpieces in the stores nowadays.
- It is a good idea to present your spouse with a photo frame, which has a golden or silver border. Photos are materialized memories. It is almost like arresting and imprinting golden moments of your life for your future reference. Try to get a well-designed photo frame with the photos which would take both of you back to the past years.
- If you want to present a gift to your wife on the anniversary, you can bring a special hamper filled with your wife’s favorite cosmetic items. It would spread a smile on her face in a second and it wouldn’t be a very expensive gift as well. You can fill the gift hamper with lipstick, chocolates, perfumes, and things, which your wife loves.
- If you want to go for some surprise gifts, you can gift your spouse a unique silver crockery items pack. This would be a great gift for your spouse.
- You can experiment with your anniversary gift if you like. You can present your spouse, a gift box, which has the spirit of youth. For this, you must prepare a gift box, which is filled with chocolate cookies, flowers, greeting cards that have love messages. You can give this gift to your spouse with a bag or purse or a wristwatch, which he/she wanted to buy at the time when you were a newlywed couple. This will stir up the spirit of youthful romance on your 25th anniversary.
- If you want to do something out-of-the-box, you could plan a picnic or take your spouse for a sports event, play or for a movie. In order to make the surprise even more relatable to the ‘25th Wedding Anniversary’ theme, you could purchase the tickets and present it to your spouse in a ‘silver’ box with a ‘silver’ ribbon.
- If you are looking for a very simple gift, you could simply string together a few meaningful words and write a poem with silver ink on a piece of paper. To top it off, you could frame the poem in a silver photo frame and present it to your husband/wife.
- If the place/city where you are living, offers the facility, opt for a dinner cruise with your partner. This is not only a romantic idea but will also give you a chance to spend a couple of hours alone together.
- Create a CD of your spouse’s favorite songs and present it to him/her in a neat package. Make sure you guys dance to those tunes to make the event even more memorable. This is a very modern concept for a gift and is not very expensive to create. All you need is a flair for creating a great mix of songs and some knowledge about your spouse favorite melodies!
- You could present a pair of custom-made wine glasses, with your own unique message engraved on them. The writings can be engraved with silver to mark the celebrations of your 25th wedding anniversary.
- Plan a short trip to a favorite destination. In order to make the best use of this event, what better way to spend a milestone wedding anniversary than at a dream destination? Whether you want to take your partner oversees or you are just planning a quick escape to the nearest hill-station, the point of a small holiday, is to spend some quality time together and give a gift that is both, personal and meaningful.
- If you have selected a gift made of silver for your spouse, you could double the surprise by cooking him/her a meal and serving the food on silverware! If your partner is at work the whole day, take the day off and cook up his/her favorite meal as a surprise for the evening. Top it off with a bottle of wine, some candles and fancy silverware for the whole experience.
- A clock is both, timeless and classy. You could either gift a silver clock to your spouse or if you want a more modern concept then you can avoid the silver and gift something a little more contemporary, for e.g. a wooden clock or a clock studded with crystals.
No matter what the gift is, the 25th wedding anniversary is a very special occasion. So, go through this article once again and feel free to use your own ideas for the perfect gift that your loved one will cherish for years to come.