Does your bathroom look cluttered because of its small size? Do you want to create the illusion of more space? Having a small bathroom is not a reason to worry. By altering the lighting technique and setting of your bathtub and by making the right choice of colors, you can open up the space of your small bathroom and make it look much larger that it is. in other words, To make your bathroom look as spacious and luxurious as its larger counterparts, you simply need to remodel it. Go through this article and learn the best ways to make your small bathroom look bigger.
How To Make Your Small Bathroom Look Larger
- Vertical stripes will do all the magic for your walls! Consider sticking on wallpaper, patterned with vertical stripes. The stripes will make the ceiling look taller and open up the space in the bathroom as well.
- Another option to brighten up the bathroom and virtually increase its space is to paint the walls with off white, white, cool colors or light pastel shades. Avoid using dark and warm colors, which tend to 'shrink' the space.
- Coordinate the look of the walls with suitable flooring. You may opt for light colored marble or floor tiles as well.
- Instead of using accessories to store the bathroom essentials, consider installing cupboards and shelves, high up on the wall. This will reduce clutter, which will in turn make your bathroom look bigger.
- Installing floating shelves above the toilet is a nice idea to open up the space. You can keep toiletries such as facial tissues, toiler paper etc. in the shelves.
- The standard door is not recommended for a small bathroom. Sliding door will serve the purpose, because you will save a lot of space.
- Mirror can create the illusion of more space. Hang large decorative mirrors on the wall. By doing this, more light will be reflected and the space will be opened up. Make sure that the mirrors are installed at a perfect angle to the lighting fixtures.
- Lighting is a decisive factor, which can either increase or reduce the space of a room. Use wall sconces for your bathroom. Get rid of the shadow cast in the corners of the room, which make the room look small, by illuminating those areas.
- Do not clutter your bathroom unnecessarily, by placing accessories like baskets and excessive toiletry products. The emptier the room, the more spacious will it look.
- Do not overcrowd your counters with makeup products, hair care items and brushes. Place them back in the cupboards, immediately after use.
- Since a bathtub occupies a lot of space, consider having one that is compact and allows you to move freely in your bathroom. A lower-walled bathtub is suitable for small bathroom, because it creates the illusion of more space.
- Wall-hung toilet is the best suited for small bathroom, because it is compact. Moreover, the space wasted behind it is also eliminated. You may also install wall-mounted sink in your bathroom. Replace the standard vanity with a suspended cabinet.