Most parents get jitters when they enter their kid’s room! The reason for that is the unmanageable mess that is created due to lack of storage space. The result is toys, stationery, clothes, books, etc. strewn all over the room, which takes forever to clean up. The best way to store all these is by creating appropriate storage spaces for each type of item. Toys and books cannot be clubbed together and so is the case with clothes and toys! In case you are looking for ideas for storage in your children’s room, check out information below which will give you a brief picture of storage for child’s room.
Children Room Storage Ideas
- The first and foremost thing is creating or at least planning a place where all items would be stored. It could one of the corners of the room, or just above the closet or creating a separate cabin for it. Storage boxes that double up as a small seat are also a good bet.
- Toys are the easiest to store. The big stuff toys can actually be used to simply decorate the room while the small ones can be easily stowed away in small boxes, kept one over the other at a corner or below the bed. These storage boxes are available in a variety of designs and colors which will make the child’s room look even more interesting.
- Small toys like Barbie, GI Joe, Lego, puzzles, board games, etc. can be stored in the sturdy grocery bags or paper bags that have strings for handles. These can be hung on the hooks inside the closet and will also help you save space on the floor and make the room look neat.
- Stationery like crayons, pens, pencils, erasers, scales, small craft items etc. can be stored in your kid’s desk. Get a desk that doubles up as a storage box. Most desks have a seat also attached to them. When the lid of the table is raised, it reveals a storage space where you can store all these small stationery items.
- Get an open shelf that can be made to stand at a strategic corner of the kid’s room. Make sure you stack away all the books on that and get your kid to make labels for each rack like story books, study books, notebooks, etc. That way, the books will be arranged in one corner and you wont mix up story books and study books together.