While some call it the ‘elixir of immortality’, others call it the ‘medicine of kings’. What else can one name a mushroom that cures ailments from high blood pressure to apparently even AIDS? Unbelievable isn’t it? These facts however are true and have been proved scientifically. The Reishi mushroom, considered the gem of funguses, astounded many researchers who studied it. Among the many noteworthy benefits of this ‘miracle mushroom’ is its ability to boost the immune system, fight cancer, calm the nerves and provide relief from allergies. Categorized as a medicinal plant, you cannot find it in a supermarket being sold just as any other edible mushroom. Unlike other edible mushrooms, reishi mushrooms are pungent to taste and hard in texture. These mushrooms are sold in their extracted, capsulated, or powdered forms that are made to improve your immune system. Triterpenes, polysaccharides, and vitamins in reishi mushroom give it its therapeutic properties. These properties help increase good blood flow and improve the immune system of your body. Read on to learn more about the medicinal properties of reishi mushrooms in the article below.
Health Benefits Of Reishi Mushroom
A healthy immune system can prevent one from getting many diseases, from common cold to cancer. Reishi mushrooms do their best in boosting the immune system. Given below is a list of health benefits of reishi mushrooms.
- The polysaccharides present in reishi mushrooms stimulate the production of a particular type of white blood cells that can kill quite a number of microorganisms and tumor cells. It also increases RNA and DNA in the bone marrow where immune cells are made. Known as an immunostimulant, it acts even against AIDS.
- Reishi mushrooms have strong antioxidants that can give your immune system a boost.
- Helps reduce tumor growth.
- Reishi mushrooms are helpful in maintaining good body equilibrium, which in turn prevent dangerous physical conditions like heart disease.
- Sterols, ganoderic acids, coumarin, mannitol, and polysaccharides that are present in reishi mushrooms help prevent many risk factors causing cardiovascular diseases. For instance, consuming it removes excess cholesterol (bad) from the blood, lowers blood pressure, reduces platelet stickiness, and even helps correct arrhythmia to an extent.
- Reishi mushrooms work very well against infectious diseases caused by bacteria and fungi.
- Since it has good anti-inflammatory properties and can ease joint pain, reishi mushrooms provide good relief for people suffering from arthritis.
- Reishi mushrooms can work well enough against most type of allergies.
- People suffering from respiratory diseases, like chronic bronchitis and asthma which otherwise have no specific cure can find relief in reishi mushrooms.
- Insomnia can be cured by reishi mushrooms.
- They help the circulatory system of the body in general.
- Reishi mushroom is considered to be a good liver tonic and is effective in treating diseases such as leaky gut syndrome.