Though all food lovers have a big belly to accommodate their favorite snack, what most of them do not have is a big pocket. Yes, cash crunch is a rising problem in the fast paced competitive world today. There are a number of needs to be met and priorities to be taken care of. Thus, spending money just for the pleasure of the tongue and taste buds seems futile. So, all those who wish to savor their favorite meal as well as lighten the burdens off their budget, should go for inexpensive, cheap meal ideas, which will not only be cost effective but will also satisfy your hunger. Given below are some low cost meal ideas.
Low Cost Meal Ideas
- Vegetable quesadillas are easy to make and do not require many ingredients. Tortillas, cheese, pat of butter and vegetables are all you need.
- Use breakfast menu for dinner, which is quite a good idea to save money. For instance scrambled eggs and toast is a nutritious, filling and inexpensive idea for a meal.
- You can buy a large whole chicken or roast and consume it for a week. This way the cost of per meal will be reduced considerably.
- Prepare a pot of soup and consume it between meals rather than expensive snacks. This will not only be nutritious but will also be quite cost effective. You can add your leftover vegetables to the same to avoid wastage of resources.
- Baked potatoes are another good option. You can spice it up with different veggies and cheese. This is cheap as well as filling.
- Pasta can make a great meal option. Prepare pasta at home and eat it with a home made sauce. It is a great hit amongst kids and can be consumed at any time of the day.
- It would prove to be highly cost effective, if you stick to vegetarianism. Vegetables are always less costly than meat. Especially rice can be eaten with any vegetable and does not require add-ons.