It’s the era of advanced technology and cell phones are unarguably the hottest property on the globe with everyone from teeny boppers to young adults and 60-something’s flaunting them with pride. Cell phone is an integral part of our lives because it comes handy in communicating with friends, family and business associates. Those who have just bought their brand new cell phone will obviously not have any clue about its basics and how to use it. One need not necessarily be tech savvy to know or learn the basic functioning of a cell phone. In fact, learning how to use it is one of the simpler things in this technology driven world. Whether you have a flashy flip phone or a simple handset, the rules for using it remain the same. So, cell beginners, gear up and get set to learn all that there is to learn about the basics of using a cell phone. Here are some simple tips to follow on how to use a cell phone.
Tips On Using Cell Phone
- Once you purchase a cell phone, read the user manual that comes along with it as it is highly beneficial and, in most of the cases, solves all your doubts.
- Next, make a list of numbers of people you talk to on a regular basis. Input these numbers with the number keypad on your cell phone. Add the area code if necessary. Also, read the detailed instructions given on the manual to know how to save the numbers.
- To speak to someone, choose or dial the number and push the "send" or "call" button usually marked with green lettering or symbols. This starts the call. To cut the call, press the “end “button that is usually indicated with red lettering or symbols.
- Some of the essentials like checking your messages, returning a call, sending and receiving text messages must be learnt on a priority while the additional features can wait a while till you get comfortable enough to start experimenting with your handset.
- Keep your phone away from water sources as they may cause internal corrosion. Too much of exposure to heat also hampers the battery of the cell and its functions may fail. Extreme cold can cause a temporary loss of the display screen.
- Do you know that there are 3.3 billion active mobiles in the world? The number is equal to the half of the entire world population.
- The first mobile phone device was invented by Motorola and the device was named DynaTAC 8000X.
- Is your Nokia mobile set out of battery? Don’t panic, simply dial the code *3370#; the battery will automatically upgrade up to 50% by using a built-in reserve battery.
- A Korean teen sends more than 200,000 text messages in a year.
- To know a cell phone's serial number, key in the following digits on your phone: *#06# and note down the 15 digit code that appears on the screen and keep it somewhere safe. If your phone is stolen, give your service provider this code and they will able block the handset for good. You may not be able to retrieve the lost data but you can always make sure that n one will ever be able to use your phone.
Now that you are familiar about how to use a cell phone, there is no one stopping you from utilizing it in a smart way!