Ah! The delight of a tempting ice cream melting in the mouth and going down the stomach!! Couldn't ask for a better dessert, isn't it? Ice creams are hot dessert options for almost everyone, whether young or old. Be it to beat the warmth of the hot, sultry weather or to add that extra dollop of chillness to the already cold environs or even to bring that 1000 watt smile across the face of your beloved, you just need a reason (and sometimes not even that) to indulge in ice creams. However, did you know that ice creams can even be prepared at home with ease? The unique taste of homemade ice cream, prepared with an ice cream maker, could never be matched by the homogeneity of a chain offering. So, whatever be your reason, next time when you want to get enticed by ice creams, go for homemade ones. In the following lines, we have provided some easy recipes in case you are wondering, how to make a homemade ice cream.
Homemade Ice Cream Recipes
Chocolate Velvet Ice Cream
- 2/3 cup White Sugar
- 1/3 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 3 Egg Yolks, beaten
- 2 2/3 cups Heavy Cream
- 1/3 cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- The first step would be to stir sugar and cocoa in a large bowl. Now, add egg yolks and blend the mixture in an electric mixer.
- Add cream in small amounts and beat well after every addition.
- Now, chill the mixture in the refrigerator.
- In the meantime, grate chocolate chips in blender or food processor. You can even use a rotary grater for the purpose.
- Grate the chocolate chips until the mixture has turned into a fine texture.
- Add the grated chocolate chips into the cream mixture and freeze in a canister of ice cream maker.
- The delicious and mouthwatering chocolate velvet ice cream is ready to be gorged upon!!
Vanilla Ice Cream
- 2 large Eggs
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- A pinch of Salt
- 1½ cups Whole Milk
- 1 cup Light Cream
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- The first step would be to break eggs in a medium sized bowl. Add sugar to it and whisk the eggs, until the eggs turn frothy and lemon yellow.
- Now, add salt to the egg mixture and combine it well. Keep it aside for sometime.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the milk and just when it starts to simmer, remove from the heat.
- Slowly add milk to the egg mixture, a little at a time, and whisk constantly, until all the milk has been added.
- Now, pour the egg-milk mixture back into the pan and cook over medium-low heat, stirring it constantly.
- Whisk until the mixture forms a thick coat on a wooden spoon. This would take about 7 to 10 minutes.
- Remove the mixture from heat and strain it into a bowl. Allow it to cool.
- Stir the cream and vanilla andrefrigerate the mixture until it gets cold.
- Now, freeze it into an ice cream maker, according to manufacturer's directions.
- The tempting, finger licking vanilla ice cream is ready to take pleasure in!!
Cherry Ice Cream
- 1/4 cup Cherry Juice, concentrated
- 1/2 cup Fat Free Milk
- 1 cup Vanilla Low-Fat Yogurt
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/2 cup White Sugar
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 cup Frozen Dark Sweet Cherries
- 2 tsp Almond Extract
- In a large bowl, mix cherry juice, milk, yogurt and heavy cream. Now, blend the mixture until it turns into a fine texture.
- Now, add the sugar, salt, cherries and almond extract. Puree them until small bits of cherries remain.
- Pour this creamy mixture into 1½ quart ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's directions.
- The yummy cherry ice cream is ready to savor!