Having friends is a beautiful experience. When you have friends, you know that there would always be somebody with whom you can be yourself. Friends are the people who like you for what you are and never try to change you, unless it’s for your own better. They are always there when you need them and you can rely on them even with your eyes closed. Though friendship does not depend upon the concept of receiving or giving gifts, the exchange can definitely be used as an expression of your feelings. If the gift is handmade, all the more better! In the following lines, we have provided directions for making friendship bracelets. Read on and know how to make a very special gift for your friend.
How to Make Friendship Bracelets
- Strands of Colored Yarn
- Go to the market and get strands of colored yarn.
- Take three strands, from three different colored yarns. You can also use your friend’s favorite colors.
- Hold the three strands together, by joining their edges, and create an overhand knot. Make sure that you leave a tail of about 3 to 6 inches
- For the time being, tape the tail to a table and start weaving the friendship bracelet.
- Take the first string and wrap it over the string next to it, creating a ‘4’ shape with both strings.
- Now, bring the first string up and take it under the second string, through the ‘4’.
- Repeat the same procedure with the first and second string.
- Leaving out the second string. Repeat the procedure with first and third string.
- With this, the first row of your friendship bracelet has been completed.
- Now, you pick up the second string and the one on farthest to the left (originally your second string).
- Again, repeat the process used with the first string.
- Keep on repeating this pattern till you have made enough rows to be wrapped over the wrist of your friend.
- Finally, tie off the end in a square knot.
- Keeping a tail, of the same length as before, cut off the remaining yarn.