Pull-up exercises are specially designed to increase the strength of arms, upper body and core strength. Pull-up bar, the free-standing workout equipment, is used to do the exercise. This exercise involves the use of muscle strength to pull up the body off the floor. The body is suspended by the arms and then, pulled up to keep the chin at the bar-level. Pull-ups are quiet similar to chin-ups, the only difference being the use of overhand grip in the former and underhand grip in the latter. A number of repetitions will help you strengthen your upper body. Explore the article if you want to know about the exercises to do pull-ups
How To Do Exercises For Pull Ups
- The exercise needs a pull-up bar, which should be positioned at a height that requires you to jump up to get a grip. If you are a beginner, then adjust the height of the pull-up bar according to your comfort level.
- After setting the pull-up bar according to the required height, position yourself under the bar, with your feet shoulder apart from each other.
- Jump up to grab the pull-up bar with an overhand grip. If the bar is at the level of your height, you will just have to place your hands on the bar and keep your hands close or wide apart, as you wish.
- Balance yourself by bending your knees and crossing your ankles.
- Start the exercise by pulling yourself off the floor, until your chin is even with your bar.
- Pull yourself down and repeat the above steps, without touching the floor.
- Repeat the exercise 10 times.
- It is very important to maintain the correct posture while doing pull-up exercises. Keep your back straight when you are pulling yourself up.
- Do the repetitions slowly.
- If you find it extremely difficult to do a single repetition, stand on a chair or ask a person to hold you and help you perform the exercise.
- If you have acquired enough strength to increase your repetitions, you may do one-hand pull-ups - performed by the grasp of a single hand on the bar.
- Weighted pull-up should be done when you have acquired enough strength and stamina. In this case, you need to tie weight to the waist, using a dipping belt.
- You can also do a mixture of pull-ups and chin-ups. Place one of your hands in the overhand grip and the other in the underhand grip. This is a variation of the standard pull-up.