If you are bored of your house furnishings and want to give it a new refurbished look, then the farmhouse style of decoration is just the perfect option for you. It would not only break the monotonous look of your house, but also bring you in close contact with Mother Nature. It should be noted that a farmhouse style decoration is quite easy to achieve and is even cost effective, as compared to other decorating themes. However, for decorating your house farmhouse style, you will have to keep in mind a number of aspects, which constitute the essential components of a house. Given below are some vital tips for farmhouse style house decoration.
Farmhouse Style Décor Tips
- The first thing that you need to consider for a farmhouse style house is the color palette. A farmhouse style theme is quite vibrant and utilizes bright and bold hues for creating a dramatic effect. Go for reds, blues and greens, to get a bold look for your house.
- Coming to the furniture, keep in mind that the furniture used in farmhouse style decoration is heavily wooded. This gives the place a more natural appeal and makes it look authentic. So, just do away with the wrought irons and glass, if you have any and switch over to the traditional wood. Right from doors to dining table to beds, everything should be detailed with wood.
- As for the flooring, you can use terra-cotta tiles, stone, cement, or unpolished marble. They enhance the look of a house and bring out the beauty in each and every thing.
- Place rugs at strategic locations, such as just beside the bed or near to the rocking chair, to add warmth.
- If you ever had a chance to visit a farmhouse, you would know the importance of upholstery. They are a typical feature in this style of décor. Use a lot of cotton and natural fabrics for your table cloths, napkins, window valances, upholstered chairs, sofa covers, etc
- As for the print used in upholstery, you can employ patterned fabrics like checks or go for the blissful floral prints. These prints give a vintage feel to the whole house. Make use of earthy tones for the color of the fabric. It would give your house a retro country-like impression.
- Decorating the rooms with elements of nature would be a good idea to enhance the country style décor. Right from ferns and leaves to sticks and twisted twigs, you can use just about anything. Just give wings to your creativity and you are off to get the perfect farmhouse style house.
- Use rustic decorative items, such as metal shades or objects carved or painted with country type animals, fruits, vegetable belonging to the place.
- Dried flowers in earthen pots are also a nice way of accentuating the surroundings.
- You can put paintings depicting rural scenes around the house, to give it an earthy feel. Employ ones that give a regional flavor to your whole house.
- Unpainted furniture, pottery, and baskets can also be tried for a different appearance.