Fall is the season of fresh and juicy apples, which are loved by one and all and are also known to promote good health. It is also the time when fall apples are used to make some yummy, mouth-watering dishes. Fall apples are available in many varieties and you can take your pick, depending on the type of apple dish you want to prepare. This article brings you some easy to make and popular apple recipes for fall. Try these delightful recipes at home and relish the sweet taste of fresh fall apples in every bite.
Easy Fall Apple Recipes
Polish Apple Cake
- 375 gm Self-raising Flour
- 3-4 large Cooking Apples
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 500 gm Caster Sugar
- 4 Eggs (beaten lightly)
- 250 ml Vegetable Oil
- 120 ml Orange Juice
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Preheat the oven to a temperature of 350 degrees F.
- Grease a cake tin, which is square in shape and then dust the tin with a little flour.
- Slice the apples and take out the core.
- Put the sliced apples in a bowl. Add cinnamon and 5 tbsp of sugar to the apples.
- Take a separate bowl and mix eggs, rest of the sugar, vegetable oil, orange juice and vanilla essence and beat the mixture.
- Add the remaining flour and salt to the mixture and stir it well.
- Pour about 2/3 of the prepared mixture into the greased tin and cover it with 1/3 of the apples.
- Now, pour the remaining mixture and top it up with the remaining apples.
- Bake the cake for an hour and allow it to become golden color. Leave the cake to cool in the tin, after you take it out from the oven.
Malvern Apple Pudding
- 25 gm Butter
- 125 gm Sugar
- 2 Eggs (beaten)
- 125 gm Flour (plain or self-raising)
- A pinch of Salt
- 2 medium Russet Apples (peeled and cored)
- 1 Lemon (grated rind)
- 50g Currants
- 2 or 3 tbsp Brandy
- Cream butter and sugar and add beaten eggs to this mixture.
- Now, add flour and salt to this mixture.
- Peel the apples and take out the core. Then, chop the apples and add lemon rind, currants and brandy.
- Grease a pudding dish, about 1.2 liter in size.
- In the base of the pudding basin, put a square of grease-proof paper.
- Now, put the mixture into the dish and cover it using foil and grease proof paper.
- You will have to steam the pudding for about 1½ to 2 hours. You can use a steamer for this purpose or a saucepan with a lid.
- Pour boiling water till it comes halfway to the sides of the basin. Add more water, when necessary.
- Serve the pudding with custard.