- Lifestyle Lounge
- Beauty & Fashion
David Beckham is one of the most popular soccer stars of the early 21st century. Beckham had endorsement deals with cosmetic companies and his good looks earned him a lot of admirers throughout the world. With David Beckham endorsing beauty salon chains and famous Hollywood actor Richard Gere doing the same for a cosmetic company house, more and more males are willing to spend money on the finer points of their appearance. Closer home, the superstar Shahrukh Khan is the first male star that has done commercial ad for cosmetic skin care products. The buying behavior of men is not the same as it used to be. There is a change in the mentality towards buying cosmetic products that has been influencing the growth in the men’s skin care products. One of the main reasons for this emerging trend is disposable income, increased wealth in upcoming markets, awareness of health and wellness, quest to look young and technological advances. With men becoming metro sexual, skincare products targeted at male consumers have proven to be big sellers worldwide. Men do not shy away from visiting salons regularly to find answers to their skin needs, which were once considered to be a female bastion. They are willing to improve their looks without worrying about their macho image being questioned. Read the article for more tips.
Men’s Skin Care Products
- Men’s skin care products typically include using a shaving cream, a cleanser, a toner, a moisturizer and a conditioner.
- To make your skin healthy and glowing, deep cleansing with some natural cleanser works best. It opens up the pores, removes germs, and dirt. This should be followed by moisturizing. While cleansing, a scrub can be used to remove dead cells from skin surface.
- Applying moisturizer can have a remarkable impact on the overall look and texture of skin. There are special formulated moisturizers for men, although Vitamin E works the best. It’s best to apply moisturizer on face and neck after shaving. Application of moisturizers works best, just after bath.
- Men spend most of the time outside, so they are exposed to pollution that affects skin. Toning is an important step to maintain good skin for men. Using a specialized astringent tonic reduces the pore size and helps retain the suppleness of the skin.
- Using facemasks and packs helps invigorate the dull skin, give it a glow and fresh look. Facemasks increase the elasticity of the skin and give it a youthful appearance. There are varieties of products available for different tones of skin.
- To maintain a wrinkle free skin especially after the age of 25, one must go for facial once in a month. They also help to keep acne; pimples, warts, and other skin relate problems at bay.
- Men skin care products are lighter and less chemically formulated. They are mostly designed to soothe and heal the skin after shaving. A face wash can be incorporated in your routine depending on the skin type.
- A very important part of skin care for men is protecting skin from sun by wearing breathable clothes, using UV protection sunglasses and applying SPF sunscreen fifteen minutes before venturing out.
- Skin care for men includes sea sponges, exfoliating scrubs, and loofahs for rough areas of the skin like the heels, elbows and knees.
- Men generally have a rougher skin due to the use of shaving creams and razor and that’s why exfoliation comes into picture. Exfoliation is an important part of skin care, which helps in removing the dead cells and assists the skin in breathing.