Come monsoon season and everyone starts rejoicing in the rains. However, the season also brings along a big problem with it - wet mud. All you have to do is walk outside after the pouring is over and voila! You have mud all over your footwear. In case you are wearing your worn-out old shoes, it's okay. However, by any chance, if you have your favorite sneakers covering the feet, be ready to get welcomed by mud stains all over it. Apart from giving your sneakers an old and dull look, mud stains also shortens their life, making them last a much smaller amount of time than otherwise. However, it is possible to get rid of the stains. How? Go through the following lines and know all about removing mud stains from sneakers.
How To Remove Mud Stains From Sneakers
The Immediate Step
The biggest mistake that you can make, after getting mud on your shoes, is to let it settle down. You need to remove the muck from your shoes almost immediately. The longer you allow it to sit on the sneaker, the harder the stains will become. For the purpose, you can make use of a soft cloth or a paper towel. Gently rub the sneakers with it, wiping the excess mud. As you do this, some of the mud will get ground in. Don't worry! In the following lines, we have detailed information on how to remove the ground-in mud stains.
Steps That Follow
Making Use Of Baking Soda
- First of all, you will need to gather the cleaning supplies, which include a scrub brush or small toothbrush, baking soda and mug of water.
- In a small bowl, put around a teaspoon of baking soda and add some water, to form a paste.
- Cover the brush with the paste and start rubbing it on the stained area. You will need to spend some time scrubbing the sneakers, to remove the stains.
- After the mud stains go away, make use of plain water to rinse off the paste, from the sneakers.
- Clean the scrub brush or toothbrush and use it to remove the paste, by dipping it in water and scrubbing it, alternately.
In case you are not able to get rid of mud stains with the help of baking soda, you might resort to either of the following methods.
- If the color of your sneakers is white, you can make use of bleach mixture, for getting rid of the mud stains. For the purpose, add a tablespoon of bleach to a cup of water. Mix it well and rub the solution over the mud stains, with the help of a scrub brush or toothbrush. Finally, rinse off the shoes with plain water.
- For colored sneakers, bleach is not an advisable option. In this case, you can make use of laundry detergent. Take a cup of water and add a tablespoon of laundry detergent to it. Dip a scrub brush or toothbrush in the solution and rub it over the stained area. Finally, rinse off the sneakers with plain water.
- In case the mud has left stains on laces as well, take them out of the sneakers and hand wash them. Get a cup of water and add little detergent and a teaspoon of vinegar to it. Soak the laces in the solution, for a few minutes, and rinse off with water.