Coffee is one of those drinks that are drunk throughout the world. You will find at least a handful of coffee-drinking people, if not more, in almost every country of the world. If you are an avid coffee-drinker, then you must have experienced spilling of coffee, either on your clothes or on the carpet, at least once till date. While drinking a cup of coffee is an extremely enjoyable activity, cleaning its stain is not. The best way to treat coffee stain is by working on it almost as soon as the spill takes place. In the following lines, we have listed tips to help you in removing coffee stains from carpet and clothes.
How to Remove Coffee Stains
- Take a clean, white cloth and blot the stained area with it, immediately after the spill takes place.
- While blotting, it is advisable to work from the outside of the stain. It will help avoid spreading of the latter.
- Take a mug and put 1 cup lukewarm water in it. Add 1 teaspoon clear, mild liquid dishwashing detergent.
- With the help of a clean cloth or cotton, sponge the stained area with the detergent solution, made in the step above.
- Now, again blot the area with a clean, white cloth.
- Take 2/3 cup lukewarm water and add 1/3 cup white vinegar to it. Using this mixture, sponge the stained area again.
- Blot with a clean, white cloth.
- Finally, sponge the affected area with clean water and blot with a clean, white cloth.
- First of all, you should turn the stained garment inside out. Now, slide a towel in between the two layers of fabric, to absorb the coffee.
- Now, put a dollop of white or clear liquid dishwashing detergent onto the stain and scrub it gently.
- Keep the garment aside for around 15 minutes, letting the detergent soak in. Thereafter, rinse it with cold water.
- Take a bucket of warm water and add about a cup of white vinegar to it and mix well.
- Put the stained garment into the bucket and let it soak for about 30 minutes.
- Take out the garment from the bucket and wring out the water from it.
- Now, wash the garment as usual and let it air dry.