Pregnancy brings new joys for a mother. The experience of having a new life within her is simply overwhelming. However, pregnancy also entails many new responsibilities on her, one of which is providing proper nutrition for her yet-to-be-born baby. In this context, most of the women make the mistake of going for recipes that contain more calories, but not necessarily extra nutrition, while the latter is much more important for them. To help all the pregnant women out there, we have listed some nutritious, but easy recipes, in the lines below.
Healthy Recipes For Pregnancy
- 2½ cups Water
- ½ cup Wheat Dalia (porridge)
- ½ cup Oats
- ½ cup Milk
- ¼ cup Raisins
- ¼ cup Almonds
- 3 tsp Sugar
- First of all, you need to half-fill a pan with water and place it on flame.
- As soon as the water comes to a boil, reduce heat to medium and stir in oats and wheat dalia.
- Mix the oats and dalia well and let them cook for 5-7 minutes, in boiling water.
- Add raisins and almonds to the water and mix well. Cook for a few seconds.
- Add sugar to the pan, followed by milk, making sure to mix well every time.
- Your porridge is ready. Let it cool down a bit and start eating.
- ½ cup Sugar
- ½ cup Packed Brown Sugar
- ¼ cup Butter
- ¼ cup Shortening
- ½ cup Nonfat Yogurt (any flavor)
- 1½ tsp Vanilla
- 1¾ cup Flour
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips
- First of all, sieve together flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Take a bowl and combine both the sugars in it.
- Add butter and shortening to the pan and mix well.
- Add the butter mixture to the flour and beat well.
- Now, mix in yoghurt and vanilla.
- Knead the mixture, to form dough.
- Roll out the dough to even thickness and with the help of cutters, cut out the cookies.
- Grease a baking dish with butter and place the cookies on it.
- Heat oven to 375 deg F and bake the cookies in it, for 10-15 minutes.
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 medium-size Onion
- 1½ tsp Finely Chopped Ginger
- 1½ tsp Green Chilies
- 1 cup Carrots
- 1 cup Beans
- 3 tbsp Fresh Chopped Coriander
- 2 tsp Sesame Seeds
- ½ cup Soya Granules
- 2 Mashed Potatoes
- 1 cup Kabuli Chana, boiled and mashed
- 2 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp Pepper Powder
- ½ tsp Black Salt
- 1½ tsp Lemon Juice
- Place a pan over medium heat and put the oil in it.
- After the oil becomes hot, add onion, garlic and ginger to the pan and cook until they turn brown.
- Stir in chilies and carrots. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add rest of the ingredients, except sesame seeds, to the pan and cook for a few minutes.
- Remove the pan from heat and let the mixture cool down a bit.
- Now, mash the mixture and make small, even balls from it.
- Flatten the balls and add sesame seeds on top.
- Heat oil in a pan, enough for frying, and fry the cutlets in it.
- Eat the cutlets with chutney, while they are still hot.