Jelly desserts have always been popular amongst the younger generation, especially the kids. They come in various flavors that include strawberry, raspberry, orange, banana, lemon, blue berry, dark cherry, apricot, plum, apple, grape, mango and so on. Pomegranate is yet another delicious flavor for this dessert. It tastes yummy, is extremely delicious and is very easy to prepare. Pomegranate jelly is best served with breads, biscuits, breakfast toasts and even pancakes. The jelly is prepared from pomegranate juice, which can either be taken out at home or brought from the store. In this article, we will help you explore a number of recipes for preparing pomegranate jelly. Pick the one that suits you the most!
How To Make Pomegranate Jelly
- Lemon Juice (made from 2 lemons)
- 4 cups Pomegranate Juice
- 7½ cups White Sugar
- 1 (6 fluid ounce) container Liquid Pectin
- Place a large stainless steel saucepan over high heat and pour pomegranate juice and lemon juice in it.
- Add white sugar and stir well.
- Boil the mixture well.
- On boiling, add liquid pectin and boil till the mixture is at full rolling.
- Remove the saucepan from heat and separate the foam from the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into sterilized jars using ladles, leaving ¼ inch from the top.
- Seal the jars and process the jelly in boiling water cans, for about 5 minutes.
- Remove and refrigerate till set and well chilled.
- 6 large Pomegranates (opened and seeds removed with a fork)
- 1½ tbsp Gelatin Powder
- ¼ cup Water
- 1-2/3 tbsp Ginger Juice (grated)
- 1/3 cup Plum Wine or Rum
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- Remove a heaping spoonful of pomegranate seeds and keep aside for garnishing.
- Grind the remaining pomegranate seeds in a food processor and pass through a sieve.
- Using a spoon, press down the mixture to extract the juice to get 3 cups.
- Discard the seeds.
- Dissolve gelatin powder in water and allow the mixture to rise.
- Add ginger juice and plum wine to the gelatin.
- Place the mixture on heat and stir to dissolve the contents well. Do not boil the mixture.
- Remove from heat and add to the pomegranate juice.
- Add sugar and stir well.
- Pour the mixture into 5 to 6 small bowls.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, until well set.
- Sprinkle a few pomegranate seeds on the jelly and serve.
- 10 large Pomegranates (peeled, membranes removed, seeds separated and rinsed)
- 1 box (1¾ or 2 ounces) Dry Pectin
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 6 cups Sugar
- Take a heavy, non-reactive stockpot and place pomegranate seeds and ½ cup of water in it.
- Cover the pot and cook for about 10 minutes, until the seed sacs are tender to touch.
- Take a large bowl or pot and place a colander over it.
- Place a double layer of cheesecloth over the colander.
- Pour the pomegranate seeds and liquid in the cheesecloth.
- Tie the ends of the cheesecloth to form a pouch.
- Twist and squeeze the pouch to extract all the juice, measuring 4 cups.
- Pour the pomegranate juice, lemon juice and dry pectin in a large, non-reactive stockpot.
- Boil the mixture over medium-high heat.
- Add sugar and boil the mixture to a rolling boil.
- Continue boiling for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove form heat and pour the mixture into sterilized jars, leaving ¼-inch from the top.
- Tightly screw on the lids to the jars and place in boiling water for 10 minutes.
- Remove the jars and cool on a towel for 2 days, before storing.