Whether you wish to take a break from the stifling school curriculum and go trekking in the tall peaks or just while away your vacation hiking down the green woods, camping is the way to go! It doesn’t matter if you are more of a nature’s child or a sucker for some adventure, camping is the perfect way to satiate your fun and sport instincts. All you need to do is grab your bedding, pack your essentials, some flashlights and batteries, mosquito repellants and whoa, you are all set to go. Talking of camping, one cannot really miss out on the most basic camping requirement- food. You cannot really expect a five-star buffet menu on your plate when stranded in a jungle or on a hilltop. Camping doesn’t really have to mean that you survive on noodles and hot chocolate alone. Here is a list of easy to make, very simple recipes for kids that can be easily cooked in the open or eaten as they are. Trail down these simple kids camping recipes and make your camping tryst a huge hit.
Easy Camping Recipes For Kids
Blueberry Maple Pancakes
- 1 pint Blueberries
- 1 pint Maple Syrup
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- A pinch of Salt
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 large Egg
- 2 tbsp Butter (melted)
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- Cooking Oil
- Take a pan, put it on heat, and pour some maple syrup into it.
- Add half of the blueberries to this syrup and bring the syrup to boil. Using the back of the spoon, mash the blueberries well.
- Simmer the mixture for another minute or so and then remove the pan from the heat and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the beaten egg, milk, melted butter, 2 tablespoons of maple syrup, and remaining blueberries.
- Add the baking powder, baking soda and salt to it and whisk it well.
- Grease a skillet and put it on heat. Spoon some batter onto the skillet and cook till golden. Flip and cook the other side as well.
- Serve hot with blueberry maple syrup.
- White Bread Slices
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Pizza Sauce
- Take a slice of bread and spread some pizza sauce over it. Add some freshly grated cheese and other toppings and top it with another slice of bread.
- Using a knife, butter both sides of the bread.
- Put the buttered sandwich inside a pie iron and put it over hot coals. Turn the iron on each side until it is cooked.
- Your pizza is ready to be eaten.
Grilled Pineapple Spears
- 1 Pineapple (peeled and cored)
- 1/3 cup Caramel Sauce
- 2 tbsp Sweetened Flaked Coconut (optional)
- Slit the pineapple lengthwise to make spears.
- Slip each spear onto a wooden skewer.
- Now grill the skewers on a low-flame for about 2 minutes.
- Take off the skewers from the barbecue and put it on a plate.
- Drizzle some caramel sauce and add some flaked coconut.
- Your grilled pineapple spears are ready to be gobbled.
Corn On The Cob
- Frozen Corn Cobs
- Cajun Spices
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- Place the frozen corn cobs on a heavy aluminum foil.
- Add salt and pepper and a blob of butter and smear it well on the cobs.
- Wrap the cobs with foil and twist the ends to secure the grip.
- Place all the wraps right on an open fire and grill for 10 minutes.
- Your corn cobs are ready to be relished.
Try these extremely simple yet supremely delicious camp recipes for a great camping experience. All said and done, don’t forget to exercise maximum caution while cooking.