Stomach flu is a problem that affects almost all the people in the world, sooner or later. There will hardly be any person on this earth who has not suffered from the problem even once in his lifetime. The problem with the ailment is that it takes its own sweet time to go away and leave you in peace. However, you can make use of home remedies to ensure that you get rid of stomach flu, also known as gastroenteritis, as soon as possible. At the same time, these remedies ensure that its symptoms get diminished to the least possible extent. In the following lines, we have provided a number of home remedies to help you know ‘how to get rid of gastroenteritis’.
How to Treat Stomach Flu Symptoms
- Herbal teas have been found to be pretty effective in soothing the stomach. You can try any of the herbal teas, including ginger tea and peppermint tea.
- Consume lots of water. This is because the problem of stomach flu makes you lose a lot of water and can lead to digestion, if the fluids are not replenished quickly.
- Drink 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar, 2-3 times in a day. If you feel that its taste is too strong, you can try consuming it along with any fruit juice, such as apple juice.
- Take a glass of water and add some lemon juice, sugar and a pinch of salt to it. Drink this as many times in a day as you can. It will help replenish the lost fluids as well as the salts.
- Cranberry juice has been found to be beneficial for people suffering from the problem of stomach flu. However, it is better to drink the juice in its pure form, rather than adding it with some other juice.
- Having fruit cocktail or a can of peaches can have a positive effect on those undergoing the problem of stomach flu.
- Bananas have been associated with treatment of stomach flu since ages. The fruit is not only easy to digest, but also provides potassium and magnesium to the body.
- If you are suffering from stomach flu, try having broths and soups. Not only do they replenish the lost fluids in your body, but are also an excellent source of nourishment.
- Boil water and add some rice to it. Reduce the heat to low and let the rice cook, till they become nearly soft. Strain the water and let it cool. Now, drink a small cup of rice water every hour or so. You can also add a bit of honey and cinnamon to the rice water, for taste.
- With stomach flu, your body loses most of the good bacteria present inside. Consuming yoghurt can help you make good the loss and also soothe the stomach.
- The high amount of fiber and antioxidants in blueberries makes them good for those down with stomach flu. In fact, people have been using them for treating diarrhea in children, since centuries.