A lush green front lawn looks inviting and adds beauty to a house. Revitalizing a damaged lawn requires a good amount of determination and passion from your side to make it come alive again. You need to nurture your lawn lovingly like you would bring up your own kid. When you see the colorful flowers bloom again, the satisfaction it will bring to your heart is indescribable. So, if you want to revitalize your lawn after damage caused by the winter winds or pest attack, here are step-by-step instructions on how to revitalize your lawn.
- The first and foremost step is to get rid off all unwanted vegetation. This includes old grass, weeds and other wild plants that grow undeterred. You can usually get rid of them manually or may use herbicides if the growth is too much. It is recommended that you use chemical only if you do not plan to grow flowing plants and shrubs. The chemicals must be used only for de-weeding, in case you want a plain lawn.
- Once the dry grass and wild plants are removed, you need to add fertilizers and natural humus on the soil and shuffle the top soil in order to aerate it. If you can manage to add a water sprinkler in the middle of your lawn, it will be very beneficial.
- Now, add the grass seeds and loosely cover them with the top soil layer. Water the area twice in order to provide maximum irrigation. You should be able to see new grass growth within a couple of weeks.
- Once your grass starts to grow well, add a few drops of mild liquid soap to gallons of water that you use to irrigate your lawn. This will get rid off the build up and dust on the grass and more oxygen and nutrients would be absorbed.
- Watering thoroughly is very essential for bringing back grass to life. Grass can dry up and die if it goes for a long time without water. So make sure you don’t compromise on irrigation at any cost.
- In case you are planning to plant flowers and shrubs, dig up a border along the edge of the lawn instead of digging a hole, right in the middle. Add fertilizers in the soil in the border and also add natural humus. Then, plant the saplings at a uniform distance from one another and water them daily.