A wedding is an important event, which finds place in people's fantasies, since adolescence. All the people want their marriage to be a special event, which can be cherished as a loving memory for the rest of their life. In this pursuit of doing something extraordinary for their wedding day, people do not budge away from trying new things. One such exciting and thrilling concept of making your D-day special is planning a destination wedding. This implies arranging your marriage at some exotic destination. To know how to plan a destination wedding, read the tips given below.
Tips to Plan a Destination Wedding
- The first thing to do is to decide a place for your wedding. Select a place that is romantic and meaningful for your relationship. You can even let your imagination run wild and eliminate unrealistic destinations later in the process. Choose three best choices and zero down on one, gradually.
- The next thing to do is to consider your budget. This will include factors like the number of guests, money needed for travel and money required for your domestic needs, later. Therefore, set a realistic price range, which provides you enough breathing space.
- Prepare a reasonable guest list, as it is an important aspect of destination weddings. Get acquainted with each guest's probable schedule and location. This way you will be able to plan your wedding in order to accommodate your high priority guests.
- Hunt for packages. Look out for all inclusive destination wedding packages available in that area. For convenience, opt for a package that provides transportation, marriage licenses, reception venues, bridal consultants, accommodations for guests and group discounts for guests. Make sure you compare prices and inclusiveness, as well as recommendations, ratings and references, before finalizing one.
- Try to get local help before you arrive at the place. Call in advance and find someone that can help you. However, its good if some assistance is included in the package.
- Research about marriage requirements, as they vary in different countries. You may require translated documents, residency requirements or other special considerations.
- Try to get comfortable at the place in order to guide your guests once they arrive. Reach at the spot a little ahead of time and check the arrangements such as availability at the hotel, places to eat, transportation to and from the airport and the wedding venue accessibility.
- Keep yourself updated over the preparations and double-check all reservations and services. Send thank you notes to everyonethat has helped you and clarify all your queries.