- Lifestyle Lounge
- Beauty & Fashion
As you look at yourself in the mirror, you realize that the person you are looking at is much darker than the one you want to be. This presents a problem because; now that you have become dark you will need to find ways to become fair again. There are several options available to you which will help you get rid of that extra tan. You could go in for the fairness creams available in the markets. You could also go so far as to change the city you live in or even stop coming out of the house at all, so that you can avoid the hot sun. Or, you can simply employ the tips that will be mentioned here and avoid all the extreme measures mentioned earlier. There are ways to lighten the color of your skin without resorting to a mixture of chemicals and creams that claim to help lighten the skin color.
Tips On Naturally Lightening Your Skin
If it’s nature that you want to turn to in order to lighten the color of your tanned skin, these are the tips that can help you.
- Water is always good for the skin so make sure you drink plenty of it.
- Avoiding direct sunlight would be a good idea, so try to avoid moving around too much in the sun.
- Wash the exposed areas of your skin regularly, or every time you come in from outside. This will help get rid of any dirt or grime that might have collected on it.
- Wearing a good sun block will also help repel some of the harmful effects of the sun and help lighten the color of your skin. A sun block with SPF (Sun Protection Factor) 50 or above will help.
- Since milk happens to be a good natural bleacher, you can use it to help lighten your skin tone. What you need to do is to add 1 teaspoon of honey, 1 teaspoon of lemon juice, and half a teaspoon of almond oil in some milk and apply it on the darkened skin. Wash off the mixture after about ten to fifteen minutes.
- Another reason for your skin looking dark could be because of the dust or dead skin that accumulates on the skin. Exfoliating the skin at least once a week will help get rid of all the dead skin and dirt while making your skin look healthier and lighter in color.
- Using a homemade mask containing sandalwood paste, lemon juice, tomato juice, and cucumber juice will also help with lightening the color of your skin. Just mix all the ingredients in a bowl till they form a paste, apply the paste on the darkened skin, let it dry and then wash it off with cold water.
- Another good way to lighten the skin color is to use licorice extract. Since licorice is a natural skin lightener, it will be able to reduce the darkness of your skin easily. All you’ll need to do is to apply a thin layer of the extract after cleansing and before applying any creams. Doing this twice a day, once in the morning and once in the night will give best results.