Lasagna is a very popular as well as extremely delicious Italian recipe, which originated in the Emilia-Romagna region of north-central Italy. It typically comprises of alternate layers of pasta or noodles, cheese and, often, ragù (a meat sauce) or tomato sauce. Apart from that, other ingredients, like basil, oregano and parsley flakes, might be added as well. Though lasagna is easily available in Italian restaurants, a homemade one has a distinct flavor attached to it, especially if the noodles are also cooked at home. Keeping this in mind, we have provided a recipe, in the following lines, to help you know how to make noodles for lasagna.
Homemade Lasagna Noodles Recipe
- 4 cups Semolina Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Basil
- ½ tsp Oregano
- ½ tsp Onion Powder
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- 1½ cups Warm Water
- Take a large bowl and put flour, salt, basil, oregano, onion powder and garlic powder in it. Mix well.
- Add warm water to the flour mixture, stirring with a wooden spoon. Now, use your hands to mix water and flour well.
- Clean a smooth surface and flour it lightly. Knead the water-flour mixture on it for 10 minutes and prepare dough.
- Divide the dough into two even balls and cover them. Leave them to stand for 15 minutes.
- Divide each of the two dough balls into four, equal pieces. Now, you will have eight relatively-even pieces of dough.
- Take one of the eight dough pieces and roll it out, with the thickness between 1/8 and 1/16 inch.
- With the help of a knife, cut the rolled-out dough into strips that are 3 inches wide and 6 inches long.
- Repeat the above two steps for the rest seven pieces of dough as well. While working on one piece, make sure to cover the rest.
- Take a large pot and fill it with water. Put 1 tsp salt in it and bring it to a boil.
- After the water starts boiling, put the dough strips in it, one at a time. Cook for five minutes or until tender.
- While the noodles get cooked, use a wooden spoon to gently move them around in the pan. Make sure not to let them stick to the bottom or sides or each other.
- After the desired tenderness has been achieved, drain the noodles and put them in your favorite lasagna recipe.