Cherry bombs are basically fireworks that are spherical in shape and comprise of a core of explosive composition. They are widely used in celebrations and are capable of creating great sound and sparkles. They make extremely bright flash and cause ear-splitting bangs. The best part of cherry bombs is that they can be made at home as well, where the cost is very low. In case you are awaiting a celebration in your family and are looking for instructions on how to make cherry bombs, the following lines will surely prove to be useful. Read through the instructions and make one such bomb at home, for this year’s celebration.
Homemade Cherry Bomb
- One Ping-Pong Ball
- Black Powder (Enough to fill the ping-pong ball up to 75%)
- A string of Fuse (At least 5 inches)
- Small Bottle of Nail Polish
- A Razor
- A Needle
- Duct Tape
- Liquid Starch
- Take a ping-pong ball and, with the help of a needle, make a hole in it, large enough to fit in the fuse.
- On the opposite side of the first hole, cut another hole (bigger than the previous one), with the help of the razor, in the ping-pong ball.
- Now, pour the black powder into ball, through bigger hole, making sure to fill the ball only up to 75 percent.
- After you have filled the ping-pong ball with the black powder, patch the hole with a duct tape.
- Insert the fuse into the first hole, the one you made with the help of needle.
- Now, cover the entire ping-pong ball with the nail polish. It will help increase the noise of the explosion.
- Take an old newspaper and cut it into strips. Dip the strips in a container of liquid starch. Wrap the paper around the ball. Make a minimum of three layers around the ball.
- Keep the ball in direct sunlight for a day or two. This will make the ball have a completely solid surface.
- In case, you want to give the ball an attractive look, you can paint its surface using spray paint.
- Your cherry bomb is ready to be lit. Now, all you need to do is get a lighter and light the fuse.
- Cherry bomb is an explosive and thus, should be made with extreme care.
- Black powder is a dangerous explosive. So, be careful while handling it. Be sure that you do not fill the ball with it completely. Instead, just use it to fill 75% of the ball. This is necessary to prevent severe explosive reactions.
- This preparation is not meant for children or minors. Keep the children away, while making the cherry bomb.
- In case, you are beginner it is always advisable to work under the supervision of an experienced adult. This can help you avoid certain unpredictable accidents.
- Remember that the whole process is risky. Do not be careless in handling the cherry bomb. Any carelessness can cause great damage.