‘Many many happy returns of the day’ is the most familiar wish which is said and heard on a birthday, but it can’t, alone, make all the people happy, including the birthday boy/girl. A wonderful birthday cake must be there in the party, without which the feel of the birthday won’t be there. Nowadays, most people are interested in a homemade cake for their birthday party. They can prepare a unique cake, which is made up with their own labor and skills. Themed birthday cakes are also gaining in popularity for the added excitement and surprise they generate. You can get birthday cakes in almost all shapes in the shops, but it will not be such fun as having your own homemade birthday cake. Homemade cakes have an advantage of tantalizing people’s taste buds, with their wafting aroma, much before they actually eat it. If you prefer to make the cake yourself, you should try to get some useful baking tips, techniques, and unique recipes, to make a perfect birthday cake, as the fundamentals of making a cake are almost similar in every recipe. And you will get the tempting aroma of the cake in the air when it gets baked properly, which you could have experienced in bakeries. You also can give your own decorations and flavors when you make a birthday cake in your home. You can easily find ‘cake decorating’ books both in bookstores and online, which can help you in decorating your cakes. Explore the article to know how to make a perfect birthday cake.
How To Make A Birthday Cake At Home
- 1 teaspoon - Chocolate essence
- 30gms - Cocoa powder
- 70gms - sieved Wheat flour
- 100gms - powdered Sugar
- 4 - Eggs
- 1 teaspoon - Baking powder
- Sheets of butter paper
- Butter or ghee
- Writing tube, icing of flavored colors, dry fruits
- Clean the mixing bowl and beat the eggs in it. Add powdered sugar and blend the mixture using a hand blender. Add the chocolate essence and then blend again.
- After preparing this mixture, sieve the cocoa powder and baking powder together. Then, add wheat flour into this prepared mixture to avoid lumps.
- Combine the egg and flour mixtures using the cut and fold method. Take a mould and place a butter paper in it. Grease it with ghee or butter, and pour the mixture into it and spread even.
- Now, preheat the oven at 180 degrees C for 5 minutes and bake this cake for 35 minutes. Allow it to cool for 10 minutes.
- After that, decorate the cake with an icing of flavored colors. Decorate the top of the cake with sweets and chocolates and dry fruits. If you wish, you can also add cherries and other fruits by cutting them into small pieces.
- It is also a good idea to place a small toy on the top of the cake, if it’s your child’s birthday. Ribbons with floral colors can also add some beauty to the cake.
- After decorating it, you can write the greetings and the name of the birthday person on the cake using a writing tube.