- Lifestyle Lounge
- Beauty & Fashion
Headband is one of the most common accessories used by women to keep their hair in place. It prevents the hair from falling on the face or in the eyes. Usually of a horseshoe shape, headbands are made of flexible metal, plastic or fabric. They are available in a wide range of colors, shapes and styles and used for practical as well as fashion purposes. Initially meant for women only, headbands are now being sported by men as well, especially those with long hair. Keeping in mind the popularity of headbands, we have listed instructions to help you make your own beaded headbands, in the lines below.
Making Beaded Headbands
- 12 inches 14-Gauge Jewelry Wire
- Needle Nose Pliers
- 16 inches Ribbon, cut in two lengths
- Hot Glue
- First of all, you need to form a loop on one end of the wire. For the purpose, bend one end of wire over to touch its long end.
- Start stringing the beads, on the wire, in the pattern you desire. Keep on stringing till about one inch of bare wire is left.
- Again, you need to form a loop, from the bare wire. For this, bend one end of the bare wire over to touch the other end.
- Take one length of ribbon and with the help of hot glue, attach it just above the first loop.
- Wrap the ribbon around the raw edge of the loop and through loop, until no wire is left showing.
- Use hot glue to secure the end of the ribbon. Make sure that you have a streaming ribbon remaining.
- Repeat the steps with the second side as well.
- Finally, bend the beaded wire in such a way that it forms a "U".
- Place it on your head and tie the ribbon ends together, at the nape of your neck. Your headband is ready!