Hurricane tape, Rigger’s tape, 100mph tape all these are the pseudonyms of duct tape according to various functions that they perform. Duct tape has been a common household name that is the answer for many a problems including fitting a loose pipe to repairing a diesel engine. Duct tape actually evolved from the name ‘duck tape’, which suggests the water resistant, property of a duct tape. However, it has been made more popular by the very many thriller Hollywood movies wherein duct tapes are used by the kidnappers to cover the face of their hostage. It is truly amazing to know that duct tapes were even used in space when Apollo 3 got a problem in its air module. Duct tapes were first found out as water resistant sealing tapes that were used for ammunition cases during World War in 1942. Duct tapes come in variant colors and they can be part of many crafts like handbags, wallets, and decorative ornaments as well. A duct tape wallet is a dime a dozen product that is quite easy to make. Explore the pointers to know how to make a duct tape wallet.
Make A Duct Tape Wallet
- Duct Tape
- Razor Blade
How To Make
- First, create a large sheet of duct tape of the size 8.5 X 7 inches. For that, you need to rip a strip of tape at least 8.5 inches in length and place it on the flat working surface. Rip a second strip of equal length and place sticky side down half way over the first strip. Now fold the rest of the strip facing up over the second strip. Now flip over the two strips and place a third sticky side down covering the remaining sticky part of the second strip. You can flip over the sheet over and again until the needed size is satisfied.
- Once you get the necessary length, trim the edges, fold the wallet in half and tape the sides to create a large pocket to hold bills.
- To create card pockets, create another sheet of 4 X 3.5 inches.
- Fold 1.5 inches over. By repeating the above process, you can create two more pockets and then tape the second pocket a little lower on top of the first piece.
- Now tape the edges of each pockets and then tape the whole thing to the large pocket. To create another pocket, you can leave the inside part un-taped.
- Now make a sheet of tape larger than your ID card. Cut the sheet in such a way that the outside part of the frame is slightly larger than the height and width of the ID. Cut the inside of about 0.5 cm, such that though the photo can be seen it can’t fall through the opening.
- Tape the completed pocket to the larger one and can even add the extra pockets as well.