Many of us struggle for beautiful and healthy-looking skin. Cleansing our face draws out deep down dirt and eliminates dead skin cells; thus, revealing fresher, brighter looking skin. A deep cleansing mask also removes any excess oil from our face and unclogs pores or dirt and debris collected on the skin’s surface, on a daily basis. It tones and tightens pores; thus, improving the skin’s texture. If the mask has been made at home, all the more better! In case you want to know how to make a deep cleansing facial mask, check out the lines that follow.The packs given below feed living cells and tissues with a healthy supply of blood and keep the outer layer of the skin clean, smooth and soft. Go ahead and treat your skin with these deep cleansing facial masks weekly, to take care of yourself and feel confident. In case you have oily skin, use the mask twice a week.
Image: Nina Matthews Photography@flickr
Homemade Deep Cleansing Face Mask Recipes
- Mix together 3 tablespoons of green clay and 2 drops each of rosemary essential oil and lemon essential oil. Apply evenly on your face and neck. Leave it on for 10 minutes and wash off with warm water thereafter.
- Apply milk of magnesia on your face and neck. Do not dilute it with any other ingredients. Let the mask dry for about 10 minutes and rinse with lukewarm water thereafter.
- Combine 1 tablespoon powdered brewer’s yeast, ½ tablespoon plain yoghurt, and 1 teaspoon each of lemon juice, carrot juice, orange juice and olive oil together. Smooth out the pack on your face and leave it on for 10 to 20 minutes. Rinse off with warm water.
- Mix 3 tablespoons oatmeal with 2 teaspoons witch hazel. Add a few drops of water to this and form a paste. Apply the pack onto your face, in an upward and outward circular motion. Let it dry and rinse off with lots of warm water.
- Mix together 4 tablespoons clay with 2 teaspoons each of lemon pulp, honey and water. Add 2 drops of jojoba oil. Smooth out the pack on your face and leave it for 15 minutes. Then, rinse with lukewarm water.
- Mash 1 avocado and add 1 teaspoon lemon juice and 1 egg white. Mix the ingredients together and apply to your face. Let the mask dry and wash later on.
- Peel half a small apple and grate it. Add 1 tablespoon honey, 1 egg yolk, 1 tablespoon cider or wine vinegar and 3 tablespoons almond oil. Combine all the ingredients well and apply to your face.
- Mix 10 drops of paraben with 25 ml spring water. Add 40 ml chamomile water, 75 g/ml green clay and 10 ml apricot kernel oil. Apply the mask to your cleansed face and rest for 10 to 15 minutes. Wash off with warm water.
- Heat and melt 1 tablespoon of honey in a small bowl, immersed in hot water. Place 1 tablespoon of ground almonds in another bowl and add the melted honey. Add a little warm water, if required, to obtain a spread-able consistency. Apply the mask to your face and leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes. Rinse off with warm water.
- Add 2 drops of Palma Rosa to 1 teaspoon of apricot kernel oil. Place 1 tablespoon of green clay in a bowl and add the oil mixture. Stir well and add enough warm water to form a smooth paste. Smooth out the mask on your face and leave it to dry for 10 to 15 minutes. Rinse off with warm water thereafter.
- After cleansing your face with a face pack, tighten your cleansed pores with a facial toner, applied with cotton balls. Finish your process by applying a moisturizer for a radiant new look.