There are a number of beauty treatments and skin care products, which women use to restore the beauty of their skin. One of the common beauty exercise practiced among them is application of face masks. Facial masks are one of the most inexpensive products available in the market. Moreover, they do not require much time and energy to be used. Another benefit of face masks is that they can also be prepared from daily household items, right at the comfort of your home. One such homemade facial mask is prepared from carrot. The carrot face mask is perfect for oily skin and helps prevent wrinkles. So, for that glowing and youthful skin, know how to make carrot face mask.
How to Make Carrot Facial Mask
- To prepare the face mask, peel the carrots and steam them until soft. Mash the carrots to make fine paste. Carrots protect the skin from free radicals and promote regeneration of healthy skin cells.
- To this paste, add 1 tbsp of natural honey. Honey is a known natural remedy for many types of ailments and helps reduce inflammation, swelling and also eliminates germs.
- You can even add 1 tbsp of olive oil to this mixture. Olive oil is a beneficial skin care product, as it helps nourish and cleanse the skin, leaving it supple and glowing.
- People who have oily skin can squeeze a few drops of fresh lemon juice into the face mask mixture, as it is a natural astringent that helps clean greasy skin. The quantity of lemon juice depends on your skin type. If your skin dries easily, add only 8 to 10 drops. If your skin is considerably oily, add around 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- To make a smooth paste, mix enough mineral water to the mask. Add water carefully, lest your face mask becomes runny. If the mixture is consistent enough, it is not necessary to include water.
- Wash your face and neck with warm water and pat dry. Apply the mask evenly to your face and neck, allowing it to set for 15 minutes. Thereafter, rinse your face and neck with warm water again and pat dry.