- Lifestyle Lounge
- Beauty & Fashion
Excessive or uneven pigmentation may result in the appearance of brown spots on your face, which are known as freckles. These days, freckles are pretty common to sight in people. In fact, people with lighter skin tones are at a greater risk of developing freckles. These brown spots become all the more dark when exposed to sunlight, especially during the winter season. The melanin produced by the body reacts with the sun’s rays and makes the freckles more prominent. Usually, freckles disappear on their own, as your age progresses. However, this could be after you have reached your forties. Therefore, it becomes important to treat the freckles and try to get rid of them before you are near middle age. Read the article to know how to get rid of freckles.
Tips To Remove Freckles
- Lemon, orange and limejuice have a great potential to remove freckles. Mix the juice of any of these fruits with a small amount of beaten yogurt. Apply the paste on your face and allow it to dry. Rinse off with cold water. A regular application of this mask will help to lighten freckles.
- Radish contains a bleaching agent, capable of getting rid of freckles. Grate one radish and add juice of one lime to it. Blend well and apply all over the face. Allow it to dry and then, wash it off. The radish pack will not only lighten the freckles, but also help remove blackheads.
- Grind a few mint leaves to make a paste. Add one mashed banana to the paste and blend, using a blender. Apply this paste all over your face, carefully avoiding the eyes. Regular use of this paste will help to remove freckles as well as blemishes.
- Slice an eggplant and apply it fresh on the freckles. Keep rubbing it on the freckles in a circular motion. This treatment is to be used daily, as the results will tangibly show only after a week. Daily treatment will help to get rid of the freckles.
- Rubbing freshly crushed cranberries or strawberries on your face will also give good results. Leave the juice and the mashed fruits on your face to dry. Then, rinse your face off with cold water. Regular use will show remarkable results in removing freckles.
- Take one tsp of boric acid and dissolve it in a cup of hot water. Squeeze one lemon and add the juice to this mixture. Also, add 2 tbsp of rose water and half tbsp of glycerin. Mix the ingredients well and store the solution in a container or jar. Dip a cotton wool pad in this lotion and dab it on the freckles. Allow it to remain for some time and then, rinse with water. Regular use of this solution will greatly help to remove freckles. The same solution can also be rubbed on the neck and shoulders to make them fairer.
- Regular use of fruit and vegetable masks has proved to be very helpful against freckles. In fact, fruit masks are very healthy for your facial skin and make it feel very fresh and soft.